Mississippi/Louisiana tourism summit to showcase creative economy
Published: July 27,2012
NATCHEZ — Officials say the Miss-Lou Regional Tourism Summit next month will showcase cultural arts as magnets for attractive visitors.
The sixth-annual summit, focusing on tourism in Louisiana and Mississippi, will be held in Natchez Aug. 7-9.
Topics will include the film industry, entrepreneurship, culinary arts and marketing and public relations.
Rachael Carter, project manager for the Stennis Institute of Government at Mississippi State University, says discussion also will include how rural areas can showcase their value to attract visitors.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Mississippi/Louisiana tourism summit to showcase creative economy”
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- Ford Foundation gives to UM for new science building
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete