Mississippi/Louisiana tourism summit to showcase creative economy
by Associated Press
Published: July 27,2012
NATCHEZ — Officials say the Miss-Lou Regional Tourism Summit next month will showcase cultural arts as magnets for attractive visitors.
The sixth-annual summit, focusing on tourism in Louisiana and Mississippi, will be held in Natchez Aug. 7-9.
Topics will include the film industry, entrepreneurship, culinary arts and marketing and public relations.
Rachael Carter, project manager for the Stennis Institute of Government at Mississippi State University, says discussion also will include how rural areas can showcase their value to attract visitors.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Mississippi/Louisiana tourism summit to showcase creative economy”
Top Posts & Pages
- Hood clarifies opinion on open-carry gun law
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Court to hear case involving alligators and ExxonMobil
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- Officials hand mayor projects list totaling $57.7M
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015