Mississippi/Louisiana tourism summit to showcase creative economy
Published: July 27,2012
NATCHEZ — Officials say the Miss-Lou Regional Tourism Summit next month will showcase cultural arts as magnets for attractive visitors.
The sixth-annual summit, focusing on tourism in Louisiana and Mississippi, will be held in Natchez Aug. 7-9.
Topics will include the film industry, entrepreneurship, culinary arts and marketing and public relations.
Rachael Carter, project manager for the Stennis Institute of Government at Mississippi State University, says discussion also will include how rural areas can showcase their value to attract visitors.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Mississippi/Louisiana tourism summit to showcase creative economy”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015