Mississippi/Louisiana tourism summit to showcase creative economy
Published: July 27,2012
NATCHEZ — Officials say the Miss-Lou Regional Tourism Summit next month will showcase cultural arts as magnets for attractive visitors.
The sixth-annual summit, focusing on tourism in Louisiana and Mississippi, will be held in Natchez Aug. 7-9.
Topics will include the film industry, entrepreneurship, culinary arts and marketing and public relations.
Rachael Carter, project manager for the Stennis Institute of Government at Mississippi State University, says discussion also will include how rural areas can showcase their value to attract visitors.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Mississippi/Louisiana tourism summit to showcase creative economy”
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- Deepwater Horizon Five Years Later — Restoring the Mississippi coast starts with a strong foundation
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Chancery Court’s interpretation of ‘public use’ will guide ruling on Westin money
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey