New four-lane Highway 9 to open for traffic next week
Published: July 27,2012
UNION COUNTY and CALHOUN COUNTY — The new Mississippi Highway 9 from Sherman to U.S. Highway 278 near Pontotoc will open for traffic Monday.
Officials tell the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal the new 12-mile highway will provide a much-sought four-lane link from the entrance to Magnolia Way, the frontage road leading to the Toyota assembly plant at Blue Springs.
Northern District Transportation Commissioner Mike Tagert says traffic will be allowed on the highway beginning at 8 a.m. Monday.
A ribbon-cutting celebration remains scheduled Aug. 16, with details to be announced.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal