New four-lane Highway 9 to open for traffic next week
Published: July 27,2012
UNION COUNTY and CALHOUN COUNTY — The new Mississippi Highway 9 from Sherman to U.S. Highway 278 near Pontotoc will open for traffic Monday.
Officials tell the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal the new 12-mile highway will provide a much-sought four-lane link from the entrance to Magnolia Way, the frontage road leading to the Toyota assembly plant at Blue Springs.
Northern District Transportation Commissioner Mike Tagert says traffic will be allowed on the highway beginning at 8 a.m. Monday.
A ribbon-cutting celebration remains scheduled Aug. 16, with details to be announced.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- ALAN TURNER: Education in Mississippi – good and bad news
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JOSH MABUS: The Tao of Road House
- Answering the Bell: Interim Ole Miss law school dean well-regarded for directing hands-on clinical training