New four-lane Highway 9 to open for traffic next week
Published: July 27,2012
UNION COUNTY and CALHOUN COUNTY — The new Mississippi Highway 9 from Sherman to U.S. Highway 278 near Pontotoc will open for traffic Monday.
Officials tell the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal the new 12-mile highway will provide a much-sought four-lane link from the entrance to Magnolia Way, the frontage road leading to the Toyota assembly plant at Blue Springs.
Northern District Transportation Commissioner Mike Tagert says traffic will be allowed on the highway beginning at 8 a.m. Monday.
A ribbon-cutting celebration remains scheduled Aug. 16, with details to be announced.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation
- Police find Attorney General Hood's stolen handgun
- Pickwick Pines settles lawsuit; pays $260K
- MSU sets new annual fundraising record of $106M-plus