New four-lane Highway 9 to open for traffic next week
Published: July 27,2012
UNION COUNTY and CALHOUN COUNTY — The new Mississippi Highway 9 from Sherman to U.S. Highway 278 near Pontotoc will open for traffic Monday.
Officials tell the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal the new 12-mile highway will provide a much-sought four-lane link from the entrance to Magnolia Way, the frontage road leading to the Toyota assembly plant at Blue Springs.
Northern District Transportation Commissioner Mike Tagert says traffic will be allowed on the highway beginning at 8 a.m. Monday.
A ribbon-cutting celebration remains scheduled Aug. 16, with details to be announced.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- More school districts join MAEP lawsuit brought by Musgrove
- City trying to determine who has authority to spend gaming money