New four-lane Highway 9 to open for traffic next week
Published: July 27,2012
UNION COUNTY and CALHOUN COUNTY — The new Mississippi Highway 9 from Sherman to U.S. Highway 278 near Pontotoc will open for traffic Monday.
Officials tell the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal the new 12-mile highway will provide a much-sought four-lane link from the entrance to Magnolia Way, the frontage road leading to the Toyota assembly plant at Blue Springs.
Northern District Transportation Commissioner Mike Tagert says traffic will be allowed on the highway beginning at 8 a.m. Monday.
A ribbon-cutting celebration remains scheduled Aug. 16, with details to be announced.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics