Fisher joins MDOC
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 29,2012
Grace Simmons Fisher has been named communications director for the Mississippi Department of Corrections in Jackson.
Fisher joined the department after nearly 30 years at the Clarion-Ledger where she worked as a reporter and an editor.
The corrections department said in a news release that Fisher is a Holmes County native and a graduate of Jackson State University with a bachelor’s degree in mass communications.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- HCC works deal with MSU Extension Service for land to expand
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Report: Mississippi has worst child poverty rate in U.S.
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Education leaders applying for $15M in grants for pre-kindergarten program