Hayes-Davis ‘inherits’ position
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 29,2012
The great-great-grandson of Jefferson Davis is now the director of Beauvoir, the last home of the president of the Confederacy. The Sun Herald reports Bertram Hayes-Davis accepted the keys to the Jefferson Davis Home and Presidential Library July 11.
Former acting director Richard Forte Sr. will continue as chairman of the combined boards of directors and trustees.
Hayes-Davis has represented Davis’ family at various functions over the years.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- CSpire offering 1Phone 6, IPhone 6 Plus on Sept. 19
- Mississippi sounds coming to Americana Music Festival & Conference
- MBJ's Business Marketplace set for Sept. 19 at Mississippi's Trade Mart
- Owner of former hospital given deadline
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- State's corn crop could set new yield record