Hayes-Davis ‘inherits’ position
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 29,2012
The great-great-grandson of Jefferson Davis is now the director of Beauvoir, the last home of the president of the Confederacy. The Sun Herald reports Bertram Hayes-Davis accepted the keys to the Jefferson Davis Home and Presidential Library July 11.
Former acting director Richard Forte Sr. will continue as chairman of the combined boards of directors and trustees.
Hayes-Davis has represented Davis’ family at various functions over the years.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program