Hayes-Davis ‘inherits’ position
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 29,2012
The great-great-grandson of Jefferson Davis is now the director of Beauvoir, the last home of the president of the Confederacy. The Sun Herald reports Bertram Hayes-Davis accepted the keys to the Jefferson Davis Home and Presidential Library July 11.
Former acting director Richard Forte Sr. will continue as chairman of the combined boards of directors and trustees.
Hayes-Davis has represented Davis’ family at various functions over the years.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Judicial candidates put on ballot after rejection of challenges
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- MSU receives funding for two proposals aimed at boosting NASA missions
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university