Two promoted at MID
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 29,2012
Two members of the Mississippi Insurance Department have been promoted to key senior staff positions. Kimberly Gilmer Causey has been named general counsel, and David Browning has been promoted to director of the Financial and Market Regulation Division.
Causey, a native of Columbus, has been with the Department’s Legal Division as a special assistant attorney general for 10 years. She has drafted legislation and served as a legislative liaison for seven years. A graduate of Mississippi State University and the University of Alabama School of Law, Causey is admitted to practice in Alabama and Mississippi. She currently resides with her husband and son in Brandon.
Browning, a native of Yazoo City, has been with the Department’s Financial and Market Regulation Division for 11 years. He was responsible for overseeing financial and market conduct examinations. He is a graduate of Delta State University and is a member of the Society of Financial Examiners and Insurance Regulation Examiners Society and currently holds the Certified Financial Examiner (CFE) designation. He currently resides with his wife and two daughters in Madison.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015