Two promoted at MID
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 29,2012
Two members of the Mississippi Insurance Department have been promoted to key senior staff positions. Kimberly Gilmer Causey has been named general counsel, and David Browning has been promoted to director of the Financial and Market Regulation Division.
Causey, a native of Columbus, has been with the Department’s Legal Division as a special assistant attorney general for 10 years. She has drafted legislation and served as a legislative liaison for seven years. A graduate of Mississippi State University and the University of Alabama School of Law, Causey is admitted to practice in Alabama and Mississippi. She currently resides with her husband and son in Brandon.
Browning, a native of Yazoo City, has been with the Department’s Financial and Market Regulation Division for 11 years. He was responsible for overseeing financial and market conduct examinations. He is a graduate of Delta State University and is a member of the Society of Financial Examiners and Insurance Regulation Examiners Society and currently holds the Certified Financial Examiner (CFE) designation. He currently resides with his wife and two daughters in Madison.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Regions must pay $7.5 million in fines over illegal overdraft fees
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings attorney Alan Perry takes office as IHL board president
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Mississippian Glenn McCullough Jr. gets nod as new MDA chief
- Top 40 Under 40
- DAVID DALLAS: Getting a grip on LGBT issues
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur