Two promoted at MID
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 29,2012
Two members of the Mississippi Insurance Department have been promoted to key senior staff positions. Kimberly Gilmer Causey has been named general counsel, and David Browning has been promoted to director of the Financial and Market Regulation Division.
Causey, a native of Columbus, has been with the Department’s Legal Division as a special assistant attorney general for 10 years. She has drafted legislation and served as a legislative liaison for seven years. A graduate of Mississippi State University and the University of Alabama School of Law, Causey is admitted to practice in Alabama and Mississippi. She currently resides with her husband and son in Brandon.
Browning, a native of Yazoo City, has been with the Department’s Financial and Market Regulation Division for 11 years. He was responsible for overseeing financial and market conduct examinations. He is a graduate of Delta State University and is a member of the Society of Financial Examiners and Insurance Regulation Examiners Society and currently holds the Certified Financial Examiner (CFE) designation. He currently resides with his wife and two daughters in Madison.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Court to hear case involving alligators and ExxonMobil