Two promoted at MID
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 29,2012
Two members of the Mississippi Insurance Department have been promoted to key senior staff positions. Kimberly Gilmer Causey has been named general counsel, and David Browning has been promoted to director of the Financial and Market Regulation Division.
Causey, a native of Columbus, has been with the Department’s Legal Division as a special assistant attorney general for 10 years. She has drafted legislation and served as a legislative liaison for seven years. A graduate of Mississippi State University and the University of Alabama School of Law, Causey is admitted to practice in Alabama and Mississippi. She currently resides with her husband and son in Brandon.
Browning, a native of Yazoo City, has been with the Department’s Financial and Market Regulation Division for 11 years. He was responsible for overseeing financial and market conduct examinations. He is a graduate of Delta State University and is a member of the Society of Financial Examiners and Insurance Regulation Examiners Society and currently holds the Certified Financial Examiner (CFE) designation. He currently resides with his wife and two daughters in Madison.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company