UMMC selects Brodell
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 29,2012
Tags: American Board of Dermatology, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Northeastern Ohio Medical University, Robert Brodell, University of Mississippi Medical Center, University of Rochester School of Medicine, Washington University in St. Louis
The University of Mississippi Medical Center has named Dr. Robert Brodell professor and chief of the Division of Dermatology. Prior to joining UMMC, he was in the private practice of dermatology and director of Skin Pathology Services Inc., an independent certified dermatopathology lab in Warren, Ohio.
Licensed in Ohio, Pennsylvania and New York, Brodell recently left his positions as professor of internal medicine, dermatology section, clinical professor of dermatopathology in pathology, and permanent master teacher at Northeastern Ohio Medical University as well as his position as associate clinical professor of dermatology at Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine. He will retain his staff position as instructor in dermatology at University of Rochester School of Medicine.
Brodell earned his medical degree from the University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry in New York and completed residency training in dermatology in 1984 and a fellowship in dermatopathology in 1985 at Washington University in St. Louis where he was also chief resident.
He has authored more than 213 articles and one book, “Warts: Diagnosis and Management an Evidence-based Approach,” and has delivered 1,316 invited medical lectures in the past 26 years. He has been a director of the American Board of Dermatology for the past decade and is the immediate past president of this organization. He was recently elected to the board of directors of the American Academy of Dermatology.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs