UMMC selects Brodell
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 29,2012
Tags: American Board of Dermatology, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Northeastern Ohio Medical University, Robert Brodell, University of Mississippi Medical Center, University of Rochester School of Medicine, Washington University in St. Louis
The University of Mississippi Medical Center has named Dr. Robert Brodell professor and chief of the Division of Dermatology. Prior to joining UMMC, he was in the private practice of dermatology and director of Skin Pathology Services Inc., an independent certified dermatopathology lab in Warren, Ohio.
Licensed in Ohio, Pennsylvania and New York, Brodell recently left his positions as professor of internal medicine, dermatology section, clinical professor of dermatopathology in pathology, and permanent master teacher at Northeastern Ohio Medical University as well as his position as associate clinical professor of dermatology at Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine. He will retain his staff position as instructor in dermatology at University of Rochester School of Medicine.
Brodell earned his medical degree from the University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry in New York and completed residency training in dermatology in 1984 and a fellowship in dermatopathology in 1985 at Washington University in St. Louis where he was also chief resident.
He has authored more than 213 articles and one book, “Warts: Diagnosis and Management an Evidence-based Approach,” and has delivered 1,316 invited medical lectures in the past 26 years. He has been a director of the American Board of Dermatology for the past decade and is the immediate past president of this organization. He was recently elected to the board of directors of the American Academy of Dermatology.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win