FedEx Ground to build distribution center in Pine Belt
by Associated Press
Published: July 30,2012
HATTIESBURG — FedEx spokeswoman Erin Traxal says FedEx Ground plans to build a 48,000-square-foot distribution center in Hattiesburg.
She tells The Hattiesburg American people currently working in Hattiesburg will move to the new, bigger station, which will add jobs as needed.
The current facility has more than 20 full- and part-time employees.
Traxal says the new facility is part of a nationwide network expansion to boost daily package volume capacity and improve speed. The company has opened 11 new hubs and expanded or relocated more than 500 local facilities since 2005.
Katherine M. Driskell of Oak Grove Land Co. says she hopes the addition will spur more economic growth in the area.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- Conservator: Schools had too many employees
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- Study says state sacrificing billions of dollars, 20,000 jobs in refusing Medicaid expansion
- Mars Food to celebrate 35 years in Port City
- Lost Pizza discovered — Restaurateurs begin franchising