FedEx Ground to build distribution center in Pine Belt
Published: July 30,2012
HATTIESBURG — FedEx spokeswoman Erin Traxal says FedEx Ground plans to build a 48,000-square-foot distribution center in Hattiesburg.
She tells The Hattiesburg American people currently working in Hattiesburg will move to the new, bigger station, which will add jobs as needed.
The current facility has more than 20 full- and part-time employees.
Traxal says the new facility is part of a nationwide network expansion to boost daily package volume capacity and improve speed. The company has opened 11 new hubs and expanded or relocated more than 500 local facilities since 2005.
Katherine M. Driskell of Oak Grove Land Co. says she hopes the addition will spur more economic growth in the area.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Williams Brothers General Store is something to count on
- Firm adds Brian T. Alexander
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast