FedEx Ground to build distribution center in Pine Belt
Published: July 30,2012
HATTIESBURG — FedEx spokeswoman Erin Traxal says FedEx Ground plans to build a 48,000-square-foot distribution center in Hattiesburg.
She tells The Hattiesburg American people currently working in Hattiesburg will move to the new, bigger station, which will add jobs as needed.
The current facility has more than 20 full- and part-time employees.
Traxal says the new facility is part of a nationwide network expansion to boost daily package volume capacity and improve speed. The company has opened 11 new hubs and expanded or relocated more than 500 local facilities since 2005.
Katherine M. Driskell of Oak Grove Land Co. says she hopes the addition will spur more economic growth in the area.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Attorney McRae challenging Miss. treasurer in GOP primary
- Judge names receiver for KiOR plant, but tax payment unclear
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion
- Rival plans filed to end Cleveland schools federal oversight
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Production under way at Grammer AG in Tupelo
- (VIDEO) ALAN TURNER: Wilson says he’s ready for elected office