FedEx Ground to build distribution center in Pine Belt
Published: July 30,2012
HATTIESBURG — FedEx spokeswoman Erin Traxal says FedEx Ground plans to build a 48,000-square-foot distribution center in Hattiesburg.
She tells The Hattiesburg American people currently working in Hattiesburg will move to the new, bigger station, which will add jobs as needed.
The current facility has more than 20 full- and part-time employees.
Traxal says the new facility is part of a nationwide network expansion to boost daily package volume capacity and improve speed. The company has opened 11 new hubs and expanded or relocated more than 500 local facilities since 2005.
Katherine M. Driskell of Oak Grove Land Co. says she hopes the addition will spur more economic growth in the area.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino