Airline reschedules start of ticket sales at Tupelo Regional Airport
Published: July 31,2012
TUPELO — Silver Airways has pushed back the start date of ticket sales for service out of the Tupelo Regional Airport.
Airport executive director Josh Abramson says the airline was scheduled to begin sales Wednesday, but has pushed the start back to the middle of August.
He says the airline remains on course to begin air service on Oct. 1.
Silver Airways will provide flights from Tupelo to Atlanta and has a working agreement for seamless transitions to Delta Airlines.
The air carrier was awarded the contract through the Essential Air Service program.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Venture Tech merges with ISC, acquires SAT
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- Southern Bancorp to acquire Bank of Bolivar County
- Community Bank names new officers
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams