Tougaloo College buying Jackson television station
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 3,2012
JACKSON — Tougaloo College has agreed to acquire television station WUFX-TV, Channel 35, in Jackson. WUFX is the MyNetworkTV affiliate for the Jackson market and can be seen on Cable One channel 9 and Comcast channel 11.
Terms were not disclosed.
“This is a remarkable opportunity for the college to further its academic mission as well as its economic interests through the purchase and operation of WUFX,” said Dr. Beverly W. Hogan, president of Tougaloo College. “Most importantly, a commercial television station will offer our students, particularly those from our Mass Communication Department, some real world experience of seeing how a television station works, aiding them in knowledge acquisition and application. It will, without question, bring other benefits to the college, as well.”
The closing of the transaction is subject to regulatory approvals and customary closing conditions.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years