Tougaloo College buying Jackson television station
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 3,2012
JACKSON — Tougaloo College has agreed to acquire television station WUFX-TV, Channel 35, in Jackson. WUFX is the MyNetworkTV affiliate for the Jackson market and can be seen on Cable One channel 9 and Comcast channel 11.
Terms were not disclosed.
“This is a remarkable opportunity for the college to further its academic mission as well as its economic interests through the purchase and operation of WUFX,” said Dr. Beverly W. Hogan, president of Tougaloo College. “Most importantly, a commercial television station will offer our students, particularly those from our Mass Communication Department, some real world experience of seeing how a television station works, aiding them in knowledge acquisition and application. It will, without question, bring other benefits to the college, as well.”
The closing of the transaction is subject to regulatory approvals and customary closing conditions.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Bryant signs controversial abortion ban bill
- Two Delta groups getting economic development funding
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Plans unveiled for large shooting range on Coast
- Soybean yield more than doubles in less than a decade
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor