Tougaloo College buying Jackson television station
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 3,2012
JACKSON — Tougaloo College has agreed to acquire television station WUFX-TV, Channel 35, in Jackson. WUFX is the MyNetworkTV affiliate for the Jackson market and can be seen on Cable One channel 9 and Comcast channel 11.
Terms were not disclosed.
“This is a remarkable opportunity for the college to further its academic mission as well as its economic interests through the purchase and operation of WUFX,” said Dr. Beverly W. Hogan, president of Tougaloo College. “Most importantly, a commercial television station will offer our students, particularly those from our Mass Communication Department, some real world experience of seeing how a television station works, aiding them in knowledge acquisition and application. It will, without question, bring other benefits to the college, as well.”
The closing of the transaction is subject to regulatory approvals and customary closing conditions.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Humana and Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation partnering
- Six out of eight universities could have higher tuitions in 2015
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow