Tougaloo College buying Jackson television station
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 3,2012
JACKSON — Tougaloo College has agreed to acquire television station WUFX-TV, Channel 35, in Jackson. WUFX is the MyNetworkTV affiliate for the Jackson market and can be seen on Cable One channel 9 and Comcast channel 11.
Terms were not disclosed.
“This is a remarkable opportunity for the college to further its academic mission as well as its economic interests through the purchase and operation of WUFX,” said Dr. Beverly W. Hogan, president of Tougaloo College. “Most importantly, a commercial television station will offer our students, particularly those from our Mass Communication Department, some real world experience of seeing how a television station works, aiding them in knowledge acquisition and application. It will, without question, bring other benefits to the college, as well.”
The closing of the transaction is subject to regulatory approvals and customary closing conditions.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- Man charged in noose left on integration statue at Ole Miss