Tougaloo College buying Jackson television station
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 3,2012
JACKSON — Tougaloo College has agreed to acquire television station WUFX-TV, Channel 35, in Jackson. WUFX is the MyNetworkTV affiliate for the Jackson market and can be seen on Cable One channel 9 and Comcast channel 11.
Terms were not disclosed.
“This is a remarkable opportunity for the college to further its academic mission as well as its economic interests through the purchase and operation of WUFX,” said Dr. Beverly W. Hogan, president of Tougaloo College. “Most importantly, a commercial television station will offer our students, particularly those from our Mass Communication Department, some real world experience of seeing how a television station works, aiding them in knowledge acquisition and application. It will, without question, bring other benefits to the college, as well.”
The closing of the transaction is subject to regulatory approvals and customary closing conditions.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image