Commissioners seated, officers elected
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 5,2012
The Mississippi Commission on Marine Resources (MCMR) recently swore in three commissioners and elected officers for the new fiscal year. Reappointed members include Steve Bosarge of Jackson County, representing commercial fishermen; Richard Gollott of Harrison County, representing commercial seafood processors; and, Shelby Drummond of Jackson County, representing recreational fishermen. Their terms will run July 1, 2012 to June 30, 2016.
Also on the commission are Jimmy Taylor of Harrison County, representing charter boat operators, and Dr. Vernon Asper of Hancock County, representing nonprofit environmental organizations.
MCMR members re-elected Dr. Vernon Asper as chairman and Jimmy Taylor as vice chairman.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data