Commissioners seated, officers elected
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 5,2012
The Mississippi Commission on Marine Resources (MCMR) recently swore in three commissioners and elected officers for the new fiscal year. Reappointed members include Steve Bosarge of Jackson County, representing commercial fishermen; Richard Gollott of Harrison County, representing commercial seafood processors; and, Shelby Drummond of Jackson County, representing recreational fishermen. Their terms will run July 1, 2012 to June 30, 2016.
Also on the commission are Jimmy Taylor of Harrison County, representing charter boat operators, and Dr. Vernon Asper of Hancock County, representing nonprofit environmental organizations.
MCMR members re-elected Dr. Vernon Asper as chairman and Jimmy Taylor as vice chairman.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability