Commissioners seated, officers elected
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 5,2012
The Mississippi Commission on Marine Resources (MCMR) recently swore in three commissioners and elected officers for the new fiscal year. Reappointed members include Steve Bosarge of Jackson County, representing commercial fishermen; Richard Gollott of Harrison County, representing commercial seafood processors; and, Shelby Drummond of Jackson County, representing recreational fishermen. Their terms will run July 1, 2012 to June 30, 2016.
Also on the commission are Jimmy Taylor of Harrison County, representing charter boat operators, and Dr. Vernon Asper of Hancock County, representing nonprofit environmental organizations.
MCMR members re-elected Dr. Vernon Asper as chairman and Jimmy Taylor as vice chairman.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015