Commissioners seated, officers elected
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 5,2012
The Mississippi Commission on Marine Resources (MCMR) recently swore in three commissioners and elected officers for the new fiscal year. Reappointed members include Steve Bosarge of Jackson County, representing commercial fishermen; Richard Gollott of Harrison County, representing commercial seafood processors; and, Shelby Drummond of Jackson County, representing recreational fishermen. Their terms will run July 1, 2012 to June 30, 2016.
Also on the commission are Jimmy Taylor of Harrison County, representing charter boat operators, and Dr. Vernon Asper of Hancock County, representing nonprofit environmental organizations.
MCMR members re-elected Dr. Vernon Asper as chairman and Jimmy Taylor as vice chairman.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- Epidemiologist: State's hospitals can identify, isolate Ebola cases
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics