Commissioners seated, officers elected
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 5,2012
The Mississippi Commission on Marine Resources (MCMR) recently swore in three commissioners and elected officers for the new fiscal year. Reappointed members include Steve Bosarge of Jackson County, representing commercial fishermen; Richard Gollott of Harrison County, representing commercial seafood processors; and, Shelby Drummond of Jackson County, representing recreational fishermen. Their terms will run July 1, 2012 to June 30, 2016.
Also on the commission are Jimmy Taylor of Harrison County, representing charter boat operators, and Dr. Vernon Asper of Hancock County, representing nonprofit environmental organizations.
MCMR members re-elected Dr. Vernon Asper as chairman and Jimmy Taylor as vice chairman.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- Commission to decide if emergency should be declared in Delta school system
- Leadership in Law nomination form