Beebe chosen as chair-elect
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 6,2012
Dr. Diane K. Beebe, professor and chair of family medicine at the University of Mississippi Medical Center, has been elected chair-elect of the American Board of Family Medicine. Beebe, chair of the Department of Family Medicine since 2007, is past chair of the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education Residency Review Committee for Family Medicine, was a member of the Future of Family Medicine Task Force on Education and served on the Academic Council for the National Institute for Program Directors Fellowship.
Beebe has served on the ABFM board of directors since 2009. She currently serves as chair of the Communications Committee, and member of the Credentials, Maintenance of Certification and Bylaws Committees, representative to the American Board of Medical Specialties and as an ABFM board member to the Annals of Family Medicine.
Beebe serves on the boards of the Mississippi Academy of Family Physicians and the Mississippi Rural Physicians Scholarship Program and is a member of the Medical Assurance Company of Mississippi’s Risk Management Committee. She recently assumed the role of interim director of the Mississippi Office of Physician Workforce, on which she is a member of the advisory board.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Quapaw Canoe Company gains legislative support in battle with tax department
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- The link between education and economic development
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- Expeditors working out logistics to open Jackson office next month