Beebe chosen as chair-elect
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 6,2012
Dr. Diane K. Beebe, professor and chair of family medicine at the University of Mississippi Medical Center, has been elected chair-elect of the American Board of Family Medicine. Beebe, chair of the Department of Family Medicine since 2007, is past chair of the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education Residency Review Committee for Family Medicine, was a member of the Future of Family Medicine Task Force on Education and served on the Academic Council for the National Institute for Program Directors Fellowship.
Beebe has served on the ABFM board of directors since 2009. She currently serves as chair of the Communications Committee, and member of the Credentials, Maintenance of Certification and Bylaws Committees, representative to the American Board of Medical Specialties and as an ABFM board member to the Annals of Family Medicine.
Beebe serves on the boards of the Mississippi Academy of Family Physicians and the Mississippi Rural Physicians Scholarship Program and is a member of the Medical Assurance Company of Mississippi’s Risk Management Committee. She recently assumed the role of interim director of the Mississippi Office of Physician Workforce, on which she is a member of the advisory board.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years