Beebe chosen as chair-elect
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 6,2012
Dr. Diane K. Beebe, professor and chair of family medicine at the University of Mississippi Medical Center, has been elected chair-elect of the American Board of Family Medicine. Beebe, chair of the Department of Family Medicine since 2007, is past chair of the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education Residency Review Committee for Family Medicine, was a member of the Future of Family Medicine Task Force on Education and served on the Academic Council for the National Institute for Program Directors Fellowship.
Beebe has served on the ABFM board of directors since 2009. She currently serves as chair of the Communications Committee, and member of the Credentials, Maintenance of Certification and Bylaws Committees, representative to the American Board of Medical Specialties and as an ABFM board member to the Annals of Family Medicine.
Beebe serves on the boards of the Mississippi Academy of Family Physicians and the Mississippi Rural Physicians Scholarship Program and is a member of the Medical Assurance Company of Mississippi’s Risk Management Committee. She recently assumed the role of interim director of the Mississippi Office of Physician Workforce, on which she is a member of the advisory board.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody