Koeppel wins award
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 6,2012
The U. S. Army Corps of Engineers’ Vicksburg District team member Christopher Koeppel recently received the Planner of the Year Award. Koeppel was nominated for his work at the Multi-Agency Interpretive Center in Rolling Fork. His selection for the award was based upon his collaboration and consultations with the community, stakeholders, federal and state agencies and federally recognized tribes to complete a signed memorandum of agreement that provided a timely schedule to meet established project milestones with Koeppel’s leadership in the archaeological investigation.
Koeppel serves as chief of the Upper Delta Environmental Planning Section of the Regional Planning and Environment Division and supervises a multi-disciplinary team of environmental specialists to provide environmental analysis and clearance for civil works projects.
A native of Memphis, Tenn., he is married to the former Sarah Younker of Evansville, Ind., and they are the parents of two children.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Senate election ballot approved as McDaniel's challenge continues
- Judge moves McDaniel's lawsuit challenging loss to Cochran
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Inspectors find 'hot work' was cause of fatal explosion at fish plant
- Ground broken for new Hattiesburg Clinic facility