Smith continues career
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 6,2012
Tracy Smith continues her 20 years with Pearl River Community College with a promotion to director of college libraries. In her new job, she is in charge of the Garvin H. Johnston Library on the Poplarville campus as well as the libraries at Forrest County Center in Hattiesburg and the Hancock Center in Waveland. She succeeds Jeanne Dyar, who retired last month.
Smith earned an associate’s degree at Pearl River while holding down a work-study job in the library. She went on to the University of Southern Mississippi where she received the bachelor’s and master’s degrees in library science. Smith has worked in the PRCC library full time for 20 years, most recently as public services librarian.
She and her husband, David, live in Poplarville and are the parents of two daughters, both of whom attend Poplarville schools.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Madison's Christmas on Ice will not take place this year
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Commission to decide if emergency should be declared in Delta school system