Smith continues career
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 6,2012
Tracy Smith continues her 20 years with Pearl River Community College with a promotion to director of college libraries. In her new job, she is in charge of the Garvin H. Johnston Library on the Poplarville campus as well as the libraries at Forrest County Center in Hattiesburg and the Hancock Center in Waveland. She succeeds Jeanne Dyar, who retired last month.
Smith earned an associate’s degree at Pearl River while holding down a work-study job in the library. She went on to the University of Southern Mississippi where she received the bachelor’s and master’s degrees in library science. Smith has worked in the PRCC library full time for 20 years, most recently as public services librarian.
She and her husband, David, live in Poplarville and are the parents of two daughters, both of whom attend Poplarville schools.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- Epidemiologist: State's hospitals can identify, isolate Ebola cases
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics