Smith continues career
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 6,2012
Tracy Smith continues her 20 years with Pearl River Community College with a promotion to director of college libraries. In her new job, she is in charge of the Garvin H. Johnston Library on the Poplarville campus as well as the libraries at Forrest County Center in Hattiesburg and the Hancock Center in Waveland. She succeeds Jeanne Dyar, who retired last month.
Smith earned an associate’s degree at Pearl River while holding down a work-study job in the library. She went on to the University of Southern Mississippi where she received the bachelor’s and master’s degrees in library science. Smith has worked in the PRCC library full time for 20 years, most recently as public services librarian.
She and her husband, David, live in Poplarville and are the parents of two daughters, both of whom attend Poplarville schools.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- State Sen. Gandy hospitalized in South America
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- Cochran calls on EPA for review of Yazoo Backwater Project
- Camgian launches Internet of Things product called Egburt
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk