Smith continues career
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 6,2012
Tracy Smith continues her 20 years with Pearl River Community College with a promotion to director of college libraries. In her new job, she is in charge of the Garvin H. Johnston Library on the Poplarville campus as well as the libraries at Forrest County Center in Hattiesburg and the Hancock Center in Waveland. She succeeds Jeanne Dyar, who retired last month.
Smith earned an associate’s degree at Pearl River while holding down a work-study job in the library. She went on to the University of Southern Mississippi where she received the bachelor’s and master’s degrees in library science. Smith has worked in the PRCC library full time for 20 years, most recently as public services librarian.
She and her husband, David, live in Poplarville and are the parents of two daughters, both of whom attend Poplarville schools.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- Stricklin: Deer parasites don't affect quality of venison