Officials vote not to oppose city’s annexation plan
by Associated Press
Published: August 7,2012
TUPELO — The Lee County Board of Supervisors has decided against opposing the city of Tupelo’s annexation effort.
WTVA-TV reports the supervisors’ vote was unanimous. Their decision comes just a few days after the Mississippi Supreme Court ruled in favor of the city’s effort to take in approximately 16 square miles from the county.
Lee County had the option to ask the high court to reconsider its ruling.
It had originally challenged the annexation along with Saltillo and Plantersville.
The 16 square mile annexation will add approximately 2,500 residents to the city.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years