Radio networks merge; will have 42 affiliates in two states
by Associated Press
Published: August 7,2012
BATON ROUGE, La. — The Louisiana Farm Bureau Radio Network is merging with the Louisiana Radio Network’s agrinews division.
The Advocate of Baton Rouge, La., reports the Louisiana Farm Bureau Agrinews Radio Network will have a combined 42 affiliates in Louisiana and Mississippi.
LRN launched the Louisiana Agrinews Network in 1976, offering several daily agriculture reports for the state’s farmers and produced in cooperation with the Farm Bureau. In 1998 the Farm Bureau began the Louisiana Farm Bureau Radio Network with 22 affiliates statewide.
In 2008 both organizations began sharing farm news and commodities prices.
Ronnie Anderson, president of the Louisiana Farm Bureau, said merging the networks represents the next logical step.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Hood clarifies opinion on open-carry gun law
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Court to hear case involving alligators and ExxonMobil
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- Officials hand mayor projects list totaling $57.7M
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center