Radio networks merge; will have 42 affiliates in two states
by Associated Press
Published: August 7,2012
BATON ROUGE, La. — The Louisiana Farm Bureau Radio Network is merging with the Louisiana Radio Network’s agrinews division.
The Advocate of Baton Rouge, La., reports the Louisiana Farm Bureau Agrinews Radio Network will have a combined 42 affiliates in Louisiana and Mississippi.
LRN launched the Louisiana Agrinews Network in 1976, offering several daily agriculture reports for the state’s farmers and produced in cooperation with the Farm Bureau. In 1998 the Farm Bureau began the Louisiana Farm Bureau Radio Network with 22 affiliates statewide.
In 2008 both organizations began sharing farm news and commodities prices.
Ronnie Anderson, president of the Louisiana Farm Bureau, said merging the networks represents the next logical step.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- With no interim, board begins hunt for MVSU president
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Supervisors to talk with trustees about selling hospital
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- The link between education and economic development
- WOODS: Time to put gloves on for handgrabbing