Radio networks merge; will have 42 affiliates in two states
by Associated Press
Published: August 7,2012
BATON ROUGE, La. — The Louisiana Farm Bureau Radio Network is merging with the Louisiana Radio Network’s agrinews division.
The Advocate of Baton Rouge, La., reports the Louisiana Farm Bureau Agrinews Radio Network will have a combined 42 affiliates in Louisiana and Mississippi.
LRN launched the Louisiana Agrinews Network in 1976, offering several daily agriculture reports for the state’s farmers and produced in cooperation with the Farm Bureau. In 1998 the Farm Bureau began the Louisiana Farm Bureau Radio Network with 22 affiliates statewide.
In 2008 both organizations began sharing farm news and commodities prices.
Ronnie Anderson, president of the Louisiana Farm Bureau, said merging the networks represents the next logical step.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
- Accounting firm finds problems at troubled MDMR
- Hosemann recruiting Realtors to market tax-forfeited property
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- Woman indicted for Medicaid fraud; faces up to 35 years in prison
- Davis resigns, turning over mayor's office early
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- Report: State's teacher education programs 'mediocre at best'
- C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones