Radio networks merge; will have 42 affiliates in two states
Published: August 7,2012
BATON ROUGE, La. — The Louisiana Farm Bureau Radio Network is merging with the Louisiana Radio Network’s agrinews division.
The Advocate of Baton Rouge, La., reports the Louisiana Farm Bureau Agrinews Radio Network will have a combined 42 affiliates in Louisiana and Mississippi.
LRN launched the Louisiana Agrinews Network in 1976, offering several daily agriculture reports for the state’s farmers and produced in cooperation with the Farm Bureau. In 1998 the Farm Bureau began the Louisiana Farm Bureau Radio Network with 22 affiliates statewide.
In 2008 both organizations began sharing farm news and commodities prices.
Ronnie Anderson, president of the Louisiana Farm Bureau, said merging the networks represents the next logical step.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- Man charged in noose left on integration statue at Ole Miss