Sitel Corp. laying off dozens of workers at call center
Published: August 7,2012
Starkville — Sitel Corp. will lay off up to 58 workers from its Starkville call center in September.
Based in Nashville, Tenn., Sitel employs nearly 500 people at the Starkville call center. The company does contract work for other companies.
Spokesman Andrew Kokes said the people being laid off handled a specialized technical support contract. He said the employees were being encouraged to apply for other openings.
Sitel opened the Starkville call center in 2000 and expanded in 2010 after winning new contracts. Onex Corp. of Canada owns the majority of privately held Sitel.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Entergy gives solar a shot
- Critics say Pearl out to eliminate mobile homes and apartments – not safeguard them
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- State Sen. McDaniel traveling Mississippi to promote PAC
- Challenging times ahead for Pearl’s manufactured home residents, apartment complex owners
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- (VIDEO) DON GLIDEWELL — The threat of cyber crime to businesses is real