Sitel Corp. laying off dozens of workers at call center
by Associated Press
Published: August 7,2012
Starkville — Sitel Corp. will lay off up to 58 workers from its Starkville call center in September.
Based in Nashville, Tenn., Sitel employs nearly 500 people at the Starkville call center. The company does contract work for other companies.
Spokesman Andrew Kokes said the people being laid off handled a specialized technical support contract. He said the employees were being encouraged to apply for other openings.
Sitel opened the Starkville call center in 2000 and expanded in 2010 after winning new contracts. Onex Corp. of Canada owns the majority of privately held Sitel.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
- Accounting firm finds problems at troubled MDMR
- Hosemann recruiting Realtors to market tax-forfeited property
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- Davis resigns, turning over mayor's office early
- Woman indicted for Medicaid fraud; faces up to 35 years in prison
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- Report: State's teacher education programs 'mediocre at best'
- C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones