Sitel Corp. laying off dozens of workers at call center
Published: August 7,2012
Starkville — Sitel Corp. will lay off up to 58 workers from its Starkville call center in September.
Based in Nashville, Tenn., Sitel employs nearly 500 people at the Starkville call center. The company does contract work for other companies.
Spokesman Andrew Kokes said the people being laid off handled a specialized technical support contract. He said the employees were being encouraged to apply for other openings.
Sitel opened the Starkville call center in 2000 and expanded in 2010 after winning new contracts. Onex Corp. of Canada owns the majority of privately held Sitel.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant
- Report: Mississippi has worst child poverty rate in U.S.
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders