Sitel Corp. laying off dozens of workers at call center
by Associated Press
Published: August 7,2012
Starkville — Sitel Corp. will lay off up to 58 workers from its Starkville call center in September.
Based in Nashville, Tenn., Sitel employs nearly 500 people at the Starkville call center. The company does contract work for other companies.
Spokesman Andrew Kokes said the people being laid off handled a specialized technical support contract. He said the employees were being encouraged to apply for other openings.
Sitel opened the Starkville call center in 2000 and expanded in 2010 after winning new contracts. Onex Corp. of Canada owns the majority of privately held Sitel.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Elizabeth Harris
- TROTTER: Social security claiming strategies
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- Nullification and interposition
- Froyo y’all: Couple brings 'delicious' dessert to Delta
- Brown would make history if confirmed as judge