Sitel Corp. laying off dozens of workers at call center
by Associated Press
Published: August 7,2012
Starkville — Sitel Corp. will lay off up to 58 workers from its Starkville call center in September.
Based in Nashville, Tenn., Sitel employs nearly 500 people at the Starkville call center. The company does contract work for other companies.
Spokesman Andrew Kokes said the people being laid off handled a specialized technical support contract. He said the employees were being encouraged to apply for other openings.
Sitel opened the Starkville call center in 2000 and expanded in 2010 after winning new contracts. Onex Corp. of Canada owns the majority of privately held Sitel.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- Conservator: Schools had too many employees
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- Study says state sacrificing billions of dollars, 20,000 jobs in refusing Medicaid expansion
- Mars Food to celebrate 35 years in Port City
- Tennessee-based manufacturer sites plant in industrial park