ABC-affiliated TV station shutting down this month
by Associated Press
Published: August 8,2012
SALTILLO — A northeast Mississippi television station is going off the air at the end of the month.
WTVA-TV reports WKDH-TV, the ABC station, is going off the air.
WKDH’s owner, Southern Broadcasting, says it will end broadcasting at 11:59 p.m. Aug. 31 after more than a decade on the air.
ABC plans to continue airing programming locally, but the network has not said how it will do that.
Viewers are being advised to call ABC at (212) 456-7777 to let the network know they still want to continue watching their favorite ABC programs.
Cable and satellite viewers are being advised to call their provider.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
5 Responses to “ABC-affiliated TV station shutting down this month”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- TODD SMITH — Taco Bell and McDonalds take breakfast war viral; how to write killer news releases and more
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data