ABC-affiliated TV station shutting down this month
Published: August 8,2012
SALTILLO — A northeast Mississippi television station is going off the air at the end of the month.
WTVA-TV reports WKDH-TV, the ABC station, is going off the air.
WKDH’s owner, Southern Broadcasting, says it will end broadcasting at 11:59 p.m. Aug. 31 after more than a decade on the air.
ABC plans to continue airing programming locally, but the network has not said how it will do that.
Viewers are being advised to call ABC at (212) 456-7777 to let the network know they still want to continue watching their favorite ABC programs.
Cable and satellite viewers are being advised to call their provider.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
5 Responses to “ABC-affiliated TV station shutting down this month”
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Six out of eight universities could have higher tuitions in 2015
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Humana and Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation partnering
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again