Owners of bankrupt casino ordered to find buyer
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 8,2012
VICKSBURG — By order of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Delta Development & Investments has retained Equity Partners CRB (EP) to find a buyer for its Grand Station Casino barge on the Yazoo River in Vicksburg.
According to EP, many gaming-related machines and tables would be included in the sale.
The court has ordered the accelerated sale of the assets, free and clear of all liabilities. According to sources within Delta Development & Investments, a sale will be scheduled on or about Sept. 30, 2012 (or sooner), subject to court approval, EP reports.
The casino was first opened in 1993, and was operated by Harrah’s. Current ownership acquired it in 2010. It ceased operations March 21 of this year. At one time, it employed as many as 230 workers.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Owners of bankrupt casino ordered to find buyer”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge intends to rule on McDaniel's challenge before general election
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- (UPDATE) I-20 partially closed as vehicle carrying hazardous materials burns
- Coast family wins $644K in tideland lawsuit against state
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- State’s MAGIC accounting system works, albeit with glitches
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium