Owners of bankrupt casino ordered to find buyer
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 8,2012
VICKSBURG — By order of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Delta Development & Investments has retained Equity Partners CRB (EP) to find a buyer for its Grand Station Casino barge on the Yazoo River in Vicksburg.
According to EP, many gaming-related machines and tables would be included in the sale.
The court has ordered the accelerated sale of the assets, free and clear of all liabilities. According to sources within Delta Development & Investments, a sale will be scheduled on or about Sept. 30, 2012 (or sooner), subject to court approval, EP reports.
The casino was first opened in 1993, and was operated by Harrah’s. Current ownership acquired it in 2010. It ceased operations March 21 of this year. At one time, it employed as many as 230 workers.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Owners of bankrupt casino ordered to find buyer”
Top Posts & Pages
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- South's oldest casino to reopen as Golden Nugget
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
- Doctor appeals Medicaid, Medicare fraud conviction
- At age 17, ‘the flagpole kid’ is already a business success story
- Appeals panel rules against town in race discrimination case
- Entrepreneurs want ordinance change to add micro-brewery