Profit off Elvis festival about equal to last year
by Associated Press
Published: August 9,2012
TUPELO — The King can still turn a profit.
The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reports organizers of the Tupelo Elvis Presley Festival say the 2012 event made about $68,200.
The Downtown Tupelo Main Street Association puts on the June festival, which includes Elvis events at the Lyric Theatre and concerts in Fairpark. At the monthly board meeting, the treasurer reported net income from this year’s festival was $68,203.
The festival made about $70,000 last year.
The board plans to continue with bigger entertainment acts. At its board retreat July 27, members voted to increase the Elvis Fest entertainment budget to $90,000.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Elizabeth Harris
- TROTTER: Social security claiming strategies
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Nullification and interposition
- Froyo y’all: Couple brings 'delicious' dessert to Delta
- Brown would make history if confirmed as judge