Neel-Schaffer hired to conduct traffic projection study
Published: August 10,2012
GAUTIER — The engineering firm of Jackson-based Neel-Schaffer has been hired by the Gautier City Council for a traffic projection study along Mississippi 57 between U.S. 90 and Interstate 10.
The Mississippi Press reports a professional service agreement with Neel-Schaffer was approved earlier this week.
The action is part of the mayor and council’s strategic approach to target the town center and interstate corridor for development.
Mayor Tommy Fortenberry said the city is expecting growth and economic development in that area, and the traffic study will assist in proving the area is a viable spot.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Report: Mississippi has worst child poverty rate in U.S.
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders