Neel-Schaffer hired to conduct traffic projection study
Published: August 10,2012
GAUTIER — The engineering firm of Jackson-based Neel-Schaffer has been hired by the Gautier City Council for a traffic projection study along Mississippi 57 between U.S. 90 and Interstate 10.
The Mississippi Press reports a professional service agreement with Neel-Schaffer was approved earlier this week.
The action is part of the mayor and council’s strategic approach to target the town center and interstate corridor for development.
Mayor Tommy Fortenberry said the city is expecting growth and economic development in that area, and the traffic study will assist in proving the area is a viable spot.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Court hits David Watkins with $600,000 order over Retro Metro issues