Cal-Maine recognizes Adams
Fred Adams Jr., founder and chairman of the board Cal-Maine Foods Inc., has tendered his resignation as an officer and director of the company, due to health issues. In recognition of his long service and role as founder of the company, the board of directors designated him chairman emeritus. In this advisory position, Adams will continue to participate in board meetings and provide consultation as requested by the board. He will remain an active employee of Cal-Maine.
Dolph Baker, president and CEO of Cal-Maine, succeeded Adams as chairman. Sherman Miller, COO of Cal-Maine, has been elected to the vacant seat on the board and will fill Adams’ unexpired term.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Legislators begin work on FY2016 state budget
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter