Cal-Maine recognizes Adams
Fred Adams Jr., founder and chairman of the board Cal-Maine Foods Inc., has tendered his resignation as an officer and director of the company, due to health issues. In recognition of his long service and role as founder of the company, the board of directors designated him chairman emeritus. In this advisory position, Adams will continue to participate in board meetings and provide consultation as requested by the board. He will remain an active employee of Cal-Maine.
Dolph Baker, president and CEO of Cal-Maine, succeeded Adams as chairman. Sherman Miller, COO of Cal-Maine, has been elected to the vacant seat on the board and will fill Adams’ unexpired term.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Secretary of State's Office transitioning to new location