Cal-Maine recognizes Adams
Fred Adams Jr., founder and chairman of the board Cal-Maine Foods Inc., has tendered his resignation as an officer and director of the company, due to health issues. In recognition of his long service and role as founder of the company, the board of directors designated him chairman emeritus. In this advisory position, Adams will continue to participate in board meetings and provide consultation as requested by the board. He will remain an active employee of Cal-Maine.
Dolph Baker, president and CEO of Cal-Maine, succeeded Adams as chairman. Sherman Miller, COO of Cal-Maine, has been elected to the vacant seat on the board and will fill Adams’ unexpired term.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- Cochran calls on EPA for review of Yazoo Backwater Project
- State Sen. Gandy hospitalized in South America
- Camgian launches Internet of Things product called Egburt
- Former Mississippi First Lady Carroll Waller dies at 87
- After string of losses, O'Hara sees himself as Senate 'protest vote'
- Number of requests for general election absentee ballots roughly same as primary