Cal-Maine recognizes Adams
Fred Adams Jr., founder and chairman of the board Cal-Maine Foods Inc., has tendered his resignation as an officer and director of the company, due to health issues. In recognition of his long service and role as founder of the company, the board of directors designated him chairman emeritus. In this advisory position, Adams will continue to participate in board meetings and provide consultation as requested by the board. He will remain an active employee of Cal-Maine.
Dolph Baker, president and CEO of Cal-Maine, succeeded Adams as chairman. Sherman Miller, COO of Cal-Maine, has been elected to the vacant seat on the board and will fill Adams’ unexpired term.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program