Pierce practicing at clinic
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 12,2012
Dr. Samuel L. Pierce is joining his father, Paul Pierce, M.D., and our other physicians at Medical Associates of Vicksburg. Pierce comes to the clinic from the University of Mississippi Medical Center, where he completed his residency in internal medicine. He received his medical degree from the University of Mississippi School of Medicine, and he also holds a degree in chemistry from Mississippi College.
While at UMMC, Pierce received the Robert A. Mahaffey, Jr. Memorial Award. He conducted extensive research on antigen-presenting dendritic cells derived from umbilical cord stem cells, as well as researched two types of leukemia. He has also written an article in “Experimental and Molecular Pathology” and was a contributing editor to the “Atlas of Immunology, 2nd edition.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs
- Watch out for wildlife while driving on roads, highways
- Finding your flexible space — Regus banks on high demand for customizable work spaces
- Miss. children's hospital plans $150 million expansion