Pierce practicing at clinic
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 12,2012
Dr. Samuel L. Pierce is joining his father, Paul Pierce, M.D., and our other physicians at Medical Associates of Vicksburg. Pierce comes to the clinic from the University of Mississippi Medical Center, where he completed his residency in internal medicine. He received his medical degree from the University of Mississippi School of Medicine, and he also holds a degree in chemistry from Mississippi College.
While at UMMC, Pierce received the Robert A. Mahaffey, Jr. Memorial Award. He conducted extensive research on antigen-presenting dendritic cells derived from umbilical cord stem cells, as well as researched two types of leukemia. He has also written an article in “Experimental and Molecular Pathology” and was a contributing editor to the “Atlas of Immunology, 2nd edition.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Commission to decide if emergency should be declared in Delta school system
- Leadership in Law nomination form
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- MDOT study: State's airports generate $2.5B-plus in economic activity