Pierce practicing at clinic
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 12,2012
Dr. Samuel L. Pierce is joining his father, Paul Pierce, M.D., and our other physicians at Medical Associates of Vicksburg. Pierce comes to the clinic from the University of Mississippi Medical Center, where he completed his residency in internal medicine. He received his medical degree from the University of Mississippi School of Medicine, and he also holds a degree in chemistry from Mississippi College.
While at UMMC, Pierce received the Robert A. Mahaffey, Jr. Memorial Award. He conducted extensive research on antigen-presenting dendritic cells derived from umbilical cord stem cells, as well as researched two types of leukemia. He has also written an article in “Experimental and Molecular Pathology” and was a contributing editor to the “Atlas of Immunology, 2nd edition.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- News The Way You Want It!
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip