Pierce practicing at clinic
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 12,2012
Dr. Samuel L. Pierce is joining his father, Paul Pierce, M.D., and our other physicians at Medical Associates of Vicksburg. Pierce comes to the clinic from the University of Mississippi Medical Center, where he completed his residency in internal medicine. He received his medical degree from the University of Mississippi School of Medicine, and he also holds a degree in chemistry from Mississippi College.
While at UMMC, Pierce received the Robert A. Mahaffey, Jr. Memorial Award. He conducted extensive research on antigen-presenting dendritic cells derived from umbilical cord stem cells, as well as researched two types of leukemia. He has also written an article in “Experimental and Molecular Pathology” and was a contributing editor to the “Atlas of Immunology, 2nd edition.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Mississippi Power CEO's departure due to withholding Kemper information from regulators
- Study says Nissan subsidies total $1.33B; MDA says overestimated
- Tenn. company makes unspecified offer to lease hospital
- Renee Flynt made Craftsmen's Guild president
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- Defunct casino to be moved; cost could rise depending on 'crud'
- Nullification and interposition
- Undersecretary: 'I understand the frustration' over catfish inspections