Pierce practicing at clinic
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 12,2012
Dr. Samuel L. Pierce is joining his father, Paul Pierce, M.D., and our other physicians at Medical Associates of Vicksburg. Pierce comes to the clinic from the University of Mississippi Medical Center, where he completed his residency in internal medicine. He received his medical degree from the University of Mississippi School of Medicine, and he also holds a degree in chemistry from Mississippi College.
While at UMMC, Pierce received the Robert A. Mahaffey, Jr. Memorial Award. He conducted extensive research on antigen-presenting dendritic cells derived from umbilical cord stem cells, as well as researched two types of leukemia. He has also written an article in “Experimental and Molecular Pathology” and was a contributing editor to the “Atlas of Immunology, 2nd edition.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- Report: Mississippi has worst child poverty rate in U.S.
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- HCC works deal with MSU Extension Service for land to expand