Stewart replaces Carmichael
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 12,2012
Veteran newspaperman Michael Stewart has been named the Meridian Star’s executive editor.
Publisher Crystal Dupre says Stewart come to Meridian after working the last three years as both the north county editor of the Northwest Florida Daily News in Fort Walton Beach, Fla., and as the editor of a sister paper to that publication, the Crestview News Bulletin.
Stewart previously worked at the Star from 1999-2000 as a general assignment reporter.
Stewart replaces former executive editor Fredie Carmichael, who began work in May with the Mississippi Development Authority.
Stewart graduated with an associate of arts degree in mass communications from Pensacola Junior College and earned a double major in journalism and government/international affairs from Augustana College in Sioux Falls, S.D.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- More school districts join MAEP lawsuit brought by Musgrove
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- BLAKE WILSON: Danny Mitchell was a remarkable business leader, a better friend
- Court tosses challenge to Miss. Silicon’s clean air permit
- S&P: State in top 10 in U.S. in sales tax dependency