Stewart replaces Carmichael
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 12,2012
Veteran newspaperman Michael Stewart has been named the Meridian Star’s executive editor.
Publisher Crystal Dupre says Stewart come to Meridian after working the last three years as both the north county editor of the Northwest Florida Daily News in Fort Walton Beach, Fla., and as the editor of a sister paper to that publication, the Crestview News Bulletin.
Stewart previously worked at the Star from 1999-2000 as a general assignment reporter.
Stewart replaces former executive editor Fredie Carmichael, who began work in May with the Mississippi Development Authority.
Stewart graduated with an associate of arts degree in mass communications from Pensacola Junior College and earned a double major in journalism and government/international affairs from Augustana College in Sioux Falls, S.D.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- Judicial candidates put on ballot after rejection of challenges
- Judge expected to rule today on McDaniel's challenge of loss to Cochran
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'