Stewart replaces Carmichael
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 12,2012
Veteran newspaperman Michael Stewart has been named the Meridian Star’s executive editor.
Publisher Crystal Dupre says Stewart come to Meridian after working the last three years as both the north county editor of the Northwest Florida Daily News in Fort Walton Beach, Fla., and as the editor of a sister paper to that publication, the Crestview News Bulletin.
Stewart previously worked at the Star from 1999-2000 as a general assignment reporter.
Stewart replaces former executive editor Fredie Carmichael, who began work in May with the Mississippi Development Authority.
Stewart graduated with an associate of arts degree in mass communications from Pensacola Junior College and earned a double major in journalism and government/international affairs from Augustana College in Sioux Falls, S.D.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions