Stewart replaces Carmichael
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 12,2012
Veteran newspaperman Michael Stewart has been named the Meridian Star’s executive editor.
Publisher Crystal Dupre says Stewart come to Meridian after working the last three years as both the north county editor of the Northwest Florida Daily News in Fort Walton Beach, Fla., and as the editor of a sister paper to that publication, the Crestview News Bulletin.
Stewart previously worked at the Star from 1999-2000 as a general assignment reporter.
Stewart replaces former executive editor Fredie Carmichael, who began work in May with the Mississippi Development Authority.
Stewart graduated with an associate of arts degree in mass communications from Pensacola Junior College and earned a double major in journalism and government/international affairs from Augustana College in Sioux Falls, S.D.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money