Stewart replaces Carmichael
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 12,2012
Veteran newspaperman Michael Stewart has been named the Meridian Star’s executive editor.
Publisher Crystal Dupre says Stewart come to Meridian after working the last three years as both the north county editor of the Northwest Florida Daily News in Fort Walton Beach, Fla., and as the editor of a sister paper to that publication, the Crestview News Bulletin.
Stewart previously worked at the Star from 1999-2000 as a general assignment reporter.
Stewart replaces former executive editor Fredie Carmichael, who began work in May with the Mississippi Development Authority.
Stewart graduated with an associate of arts degree in mass communications from Pensacola Junior College and earned a double major in journalism and government/international affairs from Augustana College in Sioux Falls, S.D.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015