Giardina’s promotes Leflore
The Delta restaurant Giardina’s has appointed Lee Leflore as chef de cuisine. While still in high school, Leflore knew he wanted a future in the hospitality industry and he joined the Giardina’s team when he was 17. He waited tables and cooked on the line every chance he got.
Leflore graduated from the University of Mississippi’s hospitality management program and soon thereafter enrolled in the professional culinary arts program at the Culinary Institute of America. After graduation, he headed to New Orleans for a stint in the kitchen at Emeril Lagasse’s flagship restaurant, Emeril’s.
In 2010 Leflore returned home to Greenwood and Giardina’s. There he has served as sous chef and managed both the front and back of the house.
Giardina’s menu offers recipes from the original owners as well as Leflore’s family recipe files.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal