Giardina’s promotes Leflore
The Delta restaurant Giardina’s has appointed Lee Leflore as chef de cuisine. While still in high school, Leflore knew he wanted a future in the hospitality industry and he joined the Giardina’s team when he was 17. He waited tables and cooked on the line every chance he got.
Leflore graduated from the University of Mississippi’s hospitality management program and soon thereafter enrolled in the professional culinary arts program at the Culinary Institute of America. After graduation, he headed to New Orleans for a stint in the kitchen at Emeril Lagasse’s flagship restaurant, Emeril’s.
In 2010 Leflore returned home to Greenwood and Giardina’s. There he has served as sous chef and managed both the front and back of the house.
Giardina’s menu offers recipes from the original owners as well as Leflore’s family recipe files.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- PHIL HARDWICK: When Bill Cooley talks, people listen
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Meet the MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year — Rosemary Smith, a business hotshot