Giardina’s promotes Leflore
The Delta restaurant Giardina’s has appointed Lee Leflore as chef de cuisine. While still in high school, Leflore knew he wanted a future in the hospitality industry and he joined the Giardina’s team when he was 17. He waited tables and cooked on the line every chance he got.
Leflore graduated from the University of Mississippi’s hospitality management program and soon thereafter enrolled in the professional culinary arts program at the Culinary Institute of America. After graduation, he headed to New Orleans for a stint in the kitchen at Emeril Lagasse’s flagship restaurant, Emeril’s.
In 2010 Leflore returned home to Greenwood and Giardina’s. There he has served as sous chef and managed both the front and back of the house.
Giardina’s menu offers recipes from the original owners as well as Leflore’s family recipe files.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Fair cabins becoming more valuable, sources say
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau