Giardina’s promotes Leflore
The Delta restaurant Giardina’s has appointed Lee Leflore as chef de cuisine. While still in high school, Leflore knew he wanted a future in the hospitality industry and he joined the Giardina’s team when he was 17. He waited tables and cooked on the line every chance he got.
Leflore graduated from the University of Mississippi’s hospitality management program and soon thereafter enrolled in the professional culinary arts program at the Culinary Institute of America. After graduation, he headed to New Orleans for a stint in the kitchen at Emeril Lagasse’s flagship restaurant, Emeril’s.
In 2010 Leflore returned home to Greenwood and Giardina’s. There he has served as sous chef and managed both the front and back of the house.
Giardina’s menu offers recipes from the original owners as well as Leflore’s family recipe files.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- With no interim, board begins hunt for MVSU president
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- Supervisors to talk with trustees about selling hospital
- WOODS: Time to put gloves on for handgrabbing
- The link between education and economic development