Giardina’s promotes Leflore
The Delta restaurant Giardina’s has appointed Lee Leflore as chef de cuisine. While still in high school, Leflore knew he wanted a future in the hospitality industry and he joined the Giardina’s team when he was 17. He waited tables and cooked on the line every chance he got.
Leflore graduated from the University of Mississippi’s hospitality management program and soon thereafter enrolled in the professional culinary arts program at the Culinary Institute of America. After graduation, he headed to New Orleans for a stint in the kitchen at Emeril Lagasse’s flagship restaurant, Emeril’s.
In 2010 Leflore returned home to Greenwood and Giardina’s. There he has served as sous chef and managed both the front and back of the house.
Giardina’s menu offers recipes from the original owners as well as Leflore’s family recipe files.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Outside group files arguments supporting McDaniel
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- DAVID DALLAS: Mississippi's in'adequate' public schools
- MDEQ fines metalworking firm over hazardous waste
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- C Spire now offering new Blast Motion technology for athletes
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios