Hotel developer gets tax-in-lieu-of-financing grant
Published: August 13,2012
COLUMBUS — A financing grant has been increased for a Columbus developer planning a hotel.
Columbus-Lowndes Development Link CEO Joe Higgins told the Lowndes County Board of Supervisors the tax-in-lieu-of-financing grant to Columbus Properties, LLC will increase from $3 million to $3.85 million.
The Commercial Dispatch reports developer Mark Castleberry said the money will be used to build a Hampton Inn and Suites hotel at a site on 18th Avenue North in Columbus.
The new hotel will be about the same size as the Fairfield hotel that operates nearby, Castleberry said. Construction on the Hampton Inn development likely will begin at the end of this year or in early 2013.
Construction on a 110-room Courtyard by Marriott hotel on the site is scheduled to begin next month.
Under the tax deal, Higgins told county supervisors the $3.85 million is only payable if the project reaches completion.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- Ikea confirms plan for Memphis store
- McCrory joins Epps in asking for trial delay
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Former Lane Furniture plant sold for $1.45 million
- OUR VIEW: JRA evolving toward transparency? Maybe, maybe not
- Jon-Paul Croom made CEO