Windham appointed chief
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 13,2012
The U. S. Army Corps of Engineers’ (USACE) Vicksburg District team member Joey Windham was recently selected as chief of the modeling branch of the Modeling, Mapping and Consequences Production Center (MMC). As chief of the branch Windham will be responsible for the overall management and coordination. He will also serve as senior technical reviewer for all hydrologic and hydraulic engineering products produced by USACE’s MMC.
His previous assignment was hydraulic technical lead for the MMC providing technical expertise in hydraulic numerical modeling for multi-dimensional and hydrodynamic applications and hydraulic engineering associated with infrastructure risk management. His career with the Vicksburg District began in 2003 in the hydraulic engineering branch of Engineering Division.
Windham is a registered professional engineer in the State of Mississippi, and serves as student outreach chair for the Board of Society of American Military Engineers. He will be inducted as diplomate, water resource engineer in May 2013 for the American Academy of Resource Engineer.
A native of Baton Rouge, La., he earned a bachelor of science in civil engineering from Mississippi State University and a bachelor of science in environmental biology from the University of South Alabama. He earned his master of science in civil engineering from Mississippi State, as well.
He and his wife, the former Allyson Braud, are the parents of two children.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist