Windham appointed chief
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 13,2012
The U. S. Army Corps of Engineers’ (USACE) Vicksburg District team member Joey Windham was recently selected as chief of the modeling branch of the Modeling, Mapping and Consequences Production Center (MMC). As chief of the branch Windham will be responsible for the overall management and coordination. He will also serve as senior technical reviewer for all hydrologic and hydraulic engineering products produced by USACE’s MMC.
His previous assignment was hydraulic technical lead for the MMC providing technical expertise in hydraulic numerical modeling for multi-dimensional and hydrodynamic applications and hydraulic engineering associated with infrastructure risk management. His career with the Vicksburg District began in 2003 in the hydraulic engineering branch of Engineering Division.
Windham is a registered professional engineer in the State of Mississippi, and serves as student outreach chair for the Board of Society of American Military Engineers. He will be inducted as diplomate, water resource engineer in May 2013 for the American Academy of Resource Engineer.
A native of Baton Rouge, La., he earned a bachelor of science in civil engineering from Mississippi State University and a bachelor of science in environmental biology from the University of South Alabama. He earned his master of science in civil engineering from Mississippi State, as well.
He and his wife, the former Allyson Braud, are the parents of two children.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- Deepwater Horizon Five Years Later — Restoring the Mississippi coast starts with a strong foundation
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Chancery Court’s interpretation of ‘public use’ will guide ruling on Westin money
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey