Casino damaged in storm, temporarily closed
Published: August 14,2012
Isle spokeswoman Jill Alexander says the damage was sustained Friday night during a severe thunderstorm.
Alexander says the boat was hit with high wind, causing damage to the entry ramps as well as the backup generator.
She says the boat will continue to be closed for “a few more days” while repairs are made to the entry ramps.
The Isle of Capri Hotel will remain open.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015