Casino damaged in storm, temporarily closed
Published: August 14,2012
Isle spokeswoman Jill Alexander says the damage was sustained Friday night during a severe thunderstorm.
Alexander says the boat was hit with high wind, causing damage to the entry ramps as well as the backup generator.
She says the boat will continue to be closed for “a few more days” while repairs are made to the entry ramps.
The Isle of Capri Hotel will remain open.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Haley Barbour: Kemper plant will rival Grand Gulf’s performance
- JOSH MABUS: Make it in Mississippi
- BEN WILLIAMS AND MOLLY JEFFCOAT: Title certificates, reports, commitments & policies: The difference may be your job!
- MDOT commissioner: National group gets it ‘backwards’ on state’s spending on bridge upkeep
- With S&P suit settled, Mississippi set to take on Moody’s over flawed investment ratings
- LOUANN LOFTON: A book of maps for lovers of New Orleans
- Longtime Biloxi mayor Holloway resigns
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- Texas company fined for taking water from a Mississippi river