Casino damaged in storm, temporarily closed
by Associated Press
Published: August 14,2012
Isle spokeswoman Jill Alexander says the damage was sustained Friday night during a severe thunderstorm.
Alexander says the boat was hit with high wind, causing damage to the entry ramps as well as the backup generator.
She says the boat will continue to be closed for “a few more days” while repairs are made to the entry ramps.
The Isle of Capri Hotel will remain open.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Keeping Our Eye On Nathan McNeill
- PSC’s Mississippi Power probe continues as regulators mull next move
- Forward-thinking power companies transform “disruptions” into opportunities
- OUR VIEW: USM makes right call by calling off tornado relief campaign