Casino damaged in storm, temporarily closed
Published: August 14,2012
Isle spokeswoman Jill Alexander says the damage was sustained Friday night during a severe thunderstorm.
Alexander says the boat was hit with high wind, causing damage to the entry ramps as well as the backup generator.
She says the boat will continue to be closed for “a few more days” while repairs are made to the entry ramps.
The Isle of Capri Hotel will remain open.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal