Southaven mayor Greg Davis’ court date set for Sept. 13
Published: August 14,2012
HERNANDO — Southaven Mayor Greg Davis’ court date on charges of unlawfully passing a school bus has been reset for Sept. 13.
DeSoto County Justice Court Clerk Shirley Beshears said Monday the hearing in Justice Court was continued because a defense witness could not attend July 31.
The charges of overtaking a school bus and illegal use of blue and red lights on a private vehicle stem from a March 22 incident in Southaven. The bus driver, Tracey Ann Riva, filed the complaint against Davis, alleging he failed to stop as the bus discharged children near a subdivision off Davis Road.
Davis contends he was pursuing another vehicle that he saw pass the stopped bus.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Locker doors opening for Clinton inventor after ‘Shark Tank’
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- BILL CRAWFORD: Gunn steals tax cut spotlight
- Columbus-built Airbus gets FAA airworthiness approval
- Bill would make only 1 hospital follow open-meetings act