Southaven mayor Greg Davis’ court date set for Sept. 13
by Associated Press
Published: August 14,2012
HERNANDO — Southaven Mayor Greg Davis’ court date on charges of unlawfully passing a school bus has been reset for Sept. 13.
DeSoto County Justice Court Clerk Shirley Beshears said Monday the hearing in Justice Court was continued because a defense witness could not attend July 31.
The charges of overtaking a school bus and illegal use of blue and red lights on a private vehicle stem from a March 22 incident in Southaven. The bus driver, Tracey Ann Riva, filed the complaint against Davis, alleging he failed to stop as the bus discharged children near a subdivision off Davis Road.
Davis contends he was pursuing another vehicle that he saw pass the stopped bus.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
- Accounting firm finds problems at troubled MDMR
- Hosemann recruiting Realtors to market tax-forfeited property
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- Woman indicted for Medicaid fraud; faces up to 35 years in prison
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- Report: State's teacher education programs 'mediocre at best'
- C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones
- Davis resigns, turning over mayor's office early