Southaven mayor Greg Davis’ court date set for Sept. 13
Published: August 14,2012
HERNANDO — Southaven Mayor Greg Davis’ court date on charges of unlawfully passing a school bus has been reset for Sept. 13.
DeSoto County Justice Court Clerk Shirley Beshears said Monday the hearing in Justice Court was continued because a defense witness could not attend July 31.
The charges of overtaking a school bus and illegal use of blue and red lights on a private vehicle stem from a March 22 incident in Southaven. The bus driver, Tracey Ann Riva, filed the complaint against Davis, alleging he failed to stop as the bus discharged children near a subdivision off Davis Road.
Davis contends he was pursuing another vehicle that he saw pass the stopped bus.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Former DPS employees sentenced for selling bogus driver's licenses
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate