Southaven mayor Greg Davis’ court date set for Sept. 13
Published: August 14,2012
HERNANDO — Southaven Mayor Greg Davis’ court date on charges of unlawfully passing a school bus has been reset for Sept. 13.
DeSoto County Justice Court Clerk Shirley Beshears said Monday the hearing in Justice Court was continued because a defense witness could not attend July 31.
The charges of overtaking a school bus and illegal use of blue and red lights on a private vehicle stem from a March 22 incident in Southaven. The bus driver, Tracey Ann Riva, filed the complaint against Davis, alleging he failed to stop as the bus discharged children near a subdivision off Davis Road.
Davis contends he was pursuing another vehicle that he saw pass the stopped bus.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Gulf oil and gas leases to go up for sale in March
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- Airport gets grant to support seasonal service from Sun Country
- State officials identify first flu case this season
- STAYING POSITIVE — Career attitude help Brynn Joachim to fight disease at 41