Storm-tossed Isle reopens after damage repairs
Published: August 16,2012
NATCHEZ — The Isle of Capri Casino in Natchez is back in business after being temporarily closed to repair damage from a weekend storm.
Isle spokeswoman Jill Alexander says the damage was sustained last Friday night during a severe thunderstorm. The casino reopened Tuesday night.
Alexander says the boat was hit with high wind, causing damage to the entry ramps as well as the backup generator.
The Isle of Capri Hotel remained open.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- Madison's Christmas on Ice will not take place this year
- SPECIAL REPORT: Land may hold key to Jackson airport’s success
- Ex-judge disciplined, but not barred, by Supreme Court
- Gunn: State's GOP needs to heal after Senate primary battle
- SPECIAL REPORT: A savvy pro is sought for Jackson airport's CEO
- Bank welcomes Little
- USM Foundation sees second-highest fundraising total in history