Storm-tossed Isle reopens after damage repairs
Published: August 16,2012
NATCHEZ — The Isle of Capri Casino in Natchez is back in business after being temporarily closed to repair damage from a weekend storm.
Isle spokeswoman Jill Alexander says the damage was sustained last Friday night during a severe thunderstorm. The casino reopened Tuesday night.
Alexander says the boat was hit with high wind, causing damage to the entry ramps as well as the backup generator.
The Isle of Capri Hotel remained open.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- City trying to determine who has authority to spend gaming money
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- Gov. Bryant sets special election date for Senate District 17