Storm-tossed Isle reopens after damage repairs
by Associated Press
Published: August 16,2012
NATCHEZ — The Isle of Capri Casino in Natchez is back in business after being temporarily closed to repair damage from a weekend storm.
Isle spokeswoman Jill Alexander says the damage was sustained last Friday night during a severe thunderstorm. The casino reopened Tuesday night.
Alexander says the boat was hit with high wind, causing damage to the entry ramps as well as the backup generator.
The Isle of Capri Hotel remained open.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data