Storm-tossed Isle reopens after damage repairs
by Associated Press
Published: August 16,2012
NATCHEZ — The Isle of Capri Casino in Natchez is back in business after being temporarily closed to repair damage from a weekend storm.
Isle spokeswoman Jill Alexander says the damage was sustained last Friday night during a severe thunderstorm. The casino reopened Tuesday night.
Alexander says the boat was hit with high wind, causing damage to the entry ramps as well as the backup generator.
The Isle of Capri Hotel remained open.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- PSC’s Mississippi Power probe continues as regulators mull next move
- Department of Environmental Quality developing water sources plan
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- OUR VIEW: USM makes right call by calling off tornado relief campaign
- Officials hoping quail numbers will rebound