Storm-tossed Isle reopens after damage repairs
Published: August 16,2012
NATCHEZ — The Isle of Capri Casino in Natchez is back in business after being temporarily closed to repair damage from a weekend storm.
Isle spokeswoman Jill Alexander says the damage was sustained last Friday night during a severe thunderstorm. The casino reopened Tuesday night.
Alexander says the boat was hit with high wind, causing damage to the entry ramps as well as the backup generator.
The Isle of Capri Hotel remained open.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M