Bishop becomes dean
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 19,2012
Dr. Sandra Bishop, assistant professor in the College of Nursing at the University of Southern Mississippi Gulf Coast, has been named associate dean for the college. The College of Nursing was elevated from a school to one of six Southern Miss colleges, effective July 1.
As one of two associate deans in the College of Nursing, Bishop has leadership and administrative responsibilities for student recruitment, the college admissions program, overall curricula and student retention. In addition to overseeing academic standards and academic and student support services, Bishop will administer the budgets for the college on the Gulf Park Campus.
Bishop earned her doctor of nursing science from Louisiana State University in 2000. She earned both her master of science in nursing and bachelor of science in nursing from the University of South Alabama in 1990 and 1987, respectively.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Unfinished Margaritaville casino to be razed
- MBJ BUSINESS PERSON OF THE YEAR — Forward thinking: C Spire's Hu Meena has made the most of 2013
- Alcorn president resigns as investigation continues
- Mayor takes blame not telling council of gas card investigation
- Attorney does not want newspaper to have MDMR records
- C Spire ‘all in it’ as digital technology accelerates, expands into nearly all our lives
- Entergy hands grid management to MISO
- Waller wants statewide county court system
- C Spire to acquire cloud-based unified communications provider in $20M deal
- Gunn: Teacher pay raises should be up for debate