Bishop becomes dean
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 19,2012
Dr. Sandra Bishop, assistant professor in the College of Nursing at the University of Southern Mississippi Gulf Coast, has been named associate dean for the college. The College of Nursing was elevated from a school to one of six Southern Miss colleges, effective July 1.
As one of two associate deans in the College of Nursing, Bishop has leadership and administrative responsibilities for student recruitment, the college admissions program, overall curricula and student retention. In addition to overseeing academic standards and academic and student support services, Bishop will administer the budgets for the college on the Gulf Park Campus.
Bishop earned her doctor of nursing science from Louisiana State University in 2000. She earned both her master of science in nursing and bachelor of science in nursing from the University of South Alabama in 1990 and 1987, respectively.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force