Bishop becomes dean
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 19,2012
Dr. Sandra Bishop, assistant professor in the College of Nursing at the University of Southern Mississippi Gulf Coast, has been named associate dean for the college. The College of Nursing was elevated from a school to one of six Southern Miss colleges, effective July 1.
As one of two associate deans in the College of Nursing, Bishop has leadership and administrative responsibilities for student recruitment, the college admissions program, overall curricula and student retention. In addition to overseeing academic standards and academic and student support services, Bishop will administer the budgets for the college on the Gulf Park Campus.
Bishop earned her doctor of nursing science from Louisiana State University in 2000. She earned both her master of science in nursing and bachelor of science in nursing from the University of South Alabama in 1990 and 1987, respectively.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Secretary of State's Office transitioning to new location