Bishop becomes dean
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 19,2012
Dr. Sandra Bishop, assistant professor in the College of Nursing at the University of Southern Mississippi Gulf Coast, has been named associate dean for the college. The College of Nursing was elevated from a school to one of six Southern Miss colleges, effective July 1.
As one of two associate deans in the College of Nursing, Bishop has leadership and administrative responsibilities for student recruitment, the college admissions program, overall curricula and student retention. In addition to overseeing academic standards and academic and student support services, Bishop will administer the budgets for the college on the Gulf Park Campus.
Bishop earned her doctor of nursing science from Louisiana State University in 2000. She earned both her master of science in nursing and bachelor of science in nursing from the University of South Alabama in 1990 and 1987, respectively.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- At age 17, ‘the flagpole kid’ is already a business success story
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- Doctor appeals Medicaid, Medicare fraud conviction
- County surveyor accused of doing unlicensed work, fraud
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- Brandon biometrics firm merges fingerprinting and smartphones
- South's oldest casino to reopen as Golden Nugget
- Woman pleads not guilty to murder in second buttocks-enhancement case
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions