Bishop becomes dean
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 19,2012
Dr. Sandra Bishop, assistant professor in the College of Nursing at the University of Southern Mississippi Gulf Coast, has been named associate dean for the college. The College of Nursing was elevated from a school to one of six Southern Miss colleges, effective July 1.
As one of two associate deans in the College of Nursing, Bishop has leadership and administrative responsibilities for student recruitment, the college admissions program, overall curricula and student retention. In addition to overseeing academic standards and academic and student support services, Bishop will administer the budgets for the college on the Gulf Park Campus.
Bishop earned her doctor of nursing science from Louisiana State University in 2000. She earned both her master of science in nursing and bachelor of science in nursing from the University of South Alabama in 1990 and 1987, respectively.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- The Blues and higher education — Delta State launches the International Delta Blues Project
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Singing River shutting doors on two Coast clinics
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62