Brown replaces White
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 19,2012
Rear Adm. Brian B. Brown has relieved Rear Adm. Jonathan W. White as commander of the Naval Meteorology and Oceanography Command at Stennis Space Center. Brown most recently served as deputy oceanographer of the Navy in Washington, D.C. He previously served as commanding officer and executive officer of the Naval Oceanographic Office at Stennis Space Center.
White has been commander since 2009. He will move to Washington where he will become the oceanographer of the Navy.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Secretary of State's Office transitioning to new location