County first to offer ‘Exercise is Medicine’ program
Published: August 20,2012
RANKIN COUNTY — A new exercise and education program coordinated by the American College of Sports Medicine is starting up in Rankin County.
The Clarion-Ledger reports Mississippi is the first state in the Exercise is Medicine Network, which strives to make exercise a standard part of disease prevention and treatment.
The network’s adviser, Phil Trotter, says they’re setting up convenient locations for Mississippi Action 55-plus, a program for senior adults at risk for obesity, diabetes and sedentary lifestyles. Mississippi Action 55-plus will be available free to an estimated 10,000 senior adults in Rankin County.
It plans to have 20 metro Jackson locations by the first quarter of 2013, add 75 locations in other major metro areas the same year, and rural areas in 2014.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders