MEP.ms: Polymer group assists in plant expansions
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 20,2012
Tags: developer, development, economic development, education, employee, expand, expansion, higher education, job, manufacture, manufacturer, manufacturing, plastics, polymer, research, researcher, science, scientist, work, worker
HATTIESBURG — The Manufacturing Extension Partnership of Mississippi (MEP.ms) reports the Mississippi Polymer Institute provided outstanding technical assistance to four Mississippi-based manufacturing companies, yielding $2.9 million in direct financial impact during the 2012 fiscal year.
This assistance also led to the creation of 18 news jobs in the state.
This work was reflected by independent auditors during the national survey of manufacturers by NIST MEP.
Dr. Jay Tice, director of MEP.ms, said, “MPI, in conjunction with the University of Southern Mississippi’s School of Polymers and High Performance Materials, provides unique capabilities both within the state as well as nationally as our newest MEP.ms Center to help manufacturers become more competitive and grow their businesses.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Hunting deer? There's an app for that