MEP.ms: Polymer group assists in plant expansions
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 20,2012
Tags: developer, development, economic development, education, employee, expand, expansion, higher education, job, manufacture, manufacturer, manufacturing, plastics, polymer, research, researcher, science, scientist, work, worker
HATTIESBURG — The Manufacturing Extension Partnership of Mississippi (MEP.ms) reports the Mississippi Polymer Institute provided outstanding technical assistance to four Mississippi-based manufacturing companies, yielding $2.9 million in direct financial impact during the 2012 fiscal year.
This assistance also led to the creation of 18 news jobs in the state.
This work was reflected by independent auditors during the national survey of manufacturers by NIST MEP.
Dr. Jay Tice, director of MEP.ms, said, “MPI, in conjunction with the University of Southern Mississippi’s School of Polymers and High Performance Materials, provides unique capabilities both within the state as well as nationally as our newest MEP.ms Center to help manufacturers become more competitive and grow their businesses.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast