MEP.ms: Polymer group assists in plant expansions
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 20,2012
Tags: developer, development, economic development, education, employee, expand, expansion, higher education, job, manufacture, manufacturer, manufacturing, plastics, polymer, research, researcher, science, scientist, work, worker
HATTIESBURG — The Manufacturing Extension Partnership of Mississippi (MEP.ms) reports the Mississippi Polymer Institute provided outstanding technical assistance to four Mississippi-based manufacturing companies, yielding $2.9 million in direct financial impact during the 2012 fiscal year.
This assistance also led to the creation of 18 news jobs in the state.
This work was reflected by independent auditors during the national survey of manufacturers by NIST MEP.
Dr. Jay Tice, director of MEP.ms, said, “MPI, in conjunction with the University of Southern Mississippi’s School of Polymers and High Performance Materials, provides unique capabilities both within the state as well as nationally as our newest MEP.ms Center to help manufacturers become more competitive and grow their businesses.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey