MEP.ms: Polymer group assists in plant expansions
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 20,2012
Tags: developer, development, economic development, education, employee, expand, expansion, higher education, job, manufacture, manufacturer, manufacturing, plastics, polymer, research, researcher, science, scientist, work, worker
HATTIESBURG — The Manufacturing Extension Partnership of Mississippi (MEP.ms) reports the Mississippi Polymer Institute provided outstanding technical assistance to four Mississippi-based manufacturing companies, yielding $2.9 million in direct financial impact during the 2012 fiscal year.
This assistance also led to the creation of 18 news jobs in the state.
This work was reflected by independent auditors during the national survey of manufacturers by NIST MEP.
Dr. Jay Tice, director of MEP.ms, said, “MPI, in conjunction with the University of Southern Mississippi’s School of Polymers and High Performance Materials, provides unique capabilities both within the state as well as nationally as our newest MEP.ms Center to help manufacturers become more competitive and grow their businesses.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Doctor's murder-for-hire case postponed, mental evaluation pending
- ACLU could sue over state's new school prayer law
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Hatchery releases largemouth bass fingerlings in three rivers
- Bill exempting small farms from fuel storage regs passes Senate
- John Fletcher joins Jones Walker