MEP.ms: Polymer group assists in plant expansions
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 20,2012
Tags: developer, development, economic development, education, employee, expand, expansion, higher education, job, manufacture, manufacturer, manufacturing, plastics, polymer, research, researcher, science, scientist, work, worker
HATTIESBURG — The Manufacturing Extension Partnership of Mississippi (MEP.ms) reports the Mississippi Polymer Institute provided outstanding technical assistance to four Mississippi-based manufacturing companies, yielding $2.9 million in direct financial impact during the 2012 fiscal year.
This assistance also led to the creation of 18 news jobs in the state.
This work was reflected by independent auditors during the national survey of manufacturers by NIST MEP.
Dr. Jay Tice, director of MEP.ms, said, “MPI, in conjunction with the University of Southern Mississippi’s School of Polymers and High Performance Materials, provides unique capabilities both within the state as well as nationally as our newest MEP.ms Center to help manufacturers become more competitive and grow their businesses.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Legislators begin work on FY2016 state budget
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter