Son accused of burglarizing his family’s store
Published: August 20,2012
MOSS POINT — One of two Pascagoula men accused of a break-in at Burnham Drug Store is the son of the owners.
The Sun Herald reports William McKinney, son of store owners John and Wendy McKinney, was arrested. Christopher Kirkland also was arrested. Another suspect, a juvenile, is still being sought.
Moss Point police chief Keith Davis said police responded to an alarm around 2 a.m. on Aug. 11. Davis says the suspects had already fled the scene with a large assortment of prescription painkillers and cash.
Police says evidence at the scene and tips from the public led to the arrests.
The men were charged with burglary of a commercial building, possession of a controlled substance with intent to distribute and contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Bryant signs controversial abortion ban bill
- Soybean yield more than doubles in less than a decade
- Two Delta groups getting economic development funding
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Plans unveiled for large shooting range on Coast
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015