Son accused of burglarizing his family’s store
Published: August 20,2012
MOSS POINT — One of two Pascagoula men accused of a break-in at Burnham Drug Store is the son of the owners.
The Sun Herald reports William McKinney, son of store owners John and Wendy McKinney, was arrested. Christopher Kirkland also was arrested. Another suspect, a juvenile, is still being sought.
Moss Point police chief Keith Davis said police responded to an alarm around 2 a.m. on Aug. 11. Davis says the suspects had already fled the scene with a large assortment of prescription painkillers and cash.
Police says evidence at the scene and tips from the public led to the arrests.
The men were charged with burglary of a commercial building, possession of a controlled substance with intent to distribute and contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- Commission to decide if emergency should be declared in Delta school system
- Leadership in Law nomination form