Son accused of burglarizing his family’s store
Published: August 20,2012
MOSS POINT — One of two Pascagoula men accused of a break-in at Burnham Drug Store is the son of the owners.
The Sun Herald reports William McKinney, son of store owners John and Wendy McKinney, was arrested. Christopher Kirkland also was arrested. Another suspect, a juvenile, is still being sought.
Moss Point police chief Keith Davis said police responded to an alarm around 2 a.m. on Aug. 11. Davis says the suspects had already fled the scene with a large assortment of prescription painkillers and cash.
Police says evidence at the scene and tips from the public led to the arrests.
The men were charged with burglary of a commercial building, possession of a controlled substance with intent to distribute and contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Six out of eight universities could have higher tuitions in 2015
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Humana and Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation partnering
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again