Son accused of burglarizing his family’s store
Published: August 20,2012
MOSS POINT — One of two Pascagoula men accused of a break-in at Burnham Drug Store is the son of the owners.
The Sun Herald reports William McKinney, son of store owners John and Wendy McKinney, was arrested. Christopher Kirkland also was arrested. Another suspect, a juvenile, is still being sought.
Moss Point police chief Keith Davis said police responded to an alarm around 2 a.m. on Aug. 11. Davis says the suspects had already fled the scene with a large assortment of prescription painkillers and cash.
Police says evidence at the scene and tips from the public led to the arrests.
The men were charged with burglary of a commercial building, possession of a controlled substance with intent to distribute and contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal