Son accused of burglarizing his family’s store
Published: August 20,2012
MOSS POINT — One of two Pascagoula men accused of a break-in at Burnham Drug Store is the son of the owners.
The Sun Herald reports William McKinney, son of store owners John and Wendy McKinney, was arrested. Christopher Kirkland also was arrested. Another suspect, a juvenile, is still being sought.
Moss Point police chief Keith Davis said police responded to an alarm around 2 a.m. on Aug. 11. Davis says the suspects had already fled the scene with a large assortment of prescription painkillers and cash.
Police says evidence at the scene and tips from the public led to the arrests.
The men were charged with burglary of a commercial building, possession of a controlled substance with intent to distribute and contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus