Friends pledge to raise millions for pediatric heart facility
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 21,2012
JACKSON — Friends of Children’s Hospital, a group of volunteers dedicated to Batson Children’s Hospital at the University of Mississippi Medical Center, has pledged $2 million toward the creation of a new Children’s Heart Center at UMMC.
The pledge was announced during a gala Friends event held at the Mississippi Museum of Art, “An Enchanted Evening, Presented by BankPlus.”
“The University of Mississippi Medical Center is pleased to continue our partnership with Friends of Children’s Hospital as we work together to raise funds for the new Children’s Heart Center,” said Dr. James E. Keeton, UMMC vice chancellor for health affairs and dean of the School of Medicine. “The Medical Center thanks Friends not only for this spectacular fundraising event but also for their ongoing commitment to the children of Mississippi.”
Funds pledged by the Friends for the Children’s Heart Center will be raised over five years through annual Enchanted Evening events, with BankPlus as the lead sponsor. Previously the group raised nearly $3 million for the Eli Manning Children’s Clinics at Batson Children’s Hospital through a similar signature event, “An Evening with the Mannings.”
“I’m delighted BankPlus can play such an integral part in raising funds for the new Children’s Heart Center,” said BankPlus president and CEO Bill Ray.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters