Coast aldermen give go-ahead to beer brewery
Published: August 22,2012
OCEAN SPRINGS — The Ocean Springs Board of Aldermen has voted unanimously to approve a small, specialty brewery for the city.
The Sun Herald reports it will be in an outbuilding on the property of Broome’s Grocery and will produce 1,500 to 3,000 barrels a year beginning in November.
Crooked Letter Brewing Co. will sell a lager, a dark and two light beers that will read “brewed in Ocean Springs” on the label.
Co-owner Wanda Blacksmith says the brews will be distributed in Mississippi and South Louisiana, but also in Ocean Springs, which has more than 100 restaurants and bars.
The Planning Commission unanimously approved the project.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- Cochran calls on EPA for review of Yazoo Backwater Project
- State Sen. Gandy hospitalized in South America
- Camgian launches Internet of Things product called Egburt
- After string of losses, O'Hara sees himself as Senate 'protest vote'
- Number of requests for general election absentee ballots roughly same as primary
- Former Mississippi First Lady Carroll Waller dies at 87