Coast aldermen give go-ahead to beer brewery
Published: August 22,2012
OCEAN SPRINGS — The Ocean Springs Board of Aldermen has voted unanimously to approve a small, specialty brewery for the city.
The Sun Herald reports it will be in an outbuilding on the property of Broome’s Grocery and will produce 1,500 to 3,000 barrels a year beginning in November.
Crooked Letter Brewing Co. will sell a lager, a dark and two light beers that will read “brewed in Ocean Springs” on the label.
Co-owner Wanda Blacksmith says the brews will be distributed in Mississippi and South Louisiana, but also in Ocean Springs, which has more than 100 restaurants and bars.
The Planning Commission unanimously approved the project.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- Lab owner loses challenge to 40 months in waste case
- MSU-CVM professor leads major reference publication
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Watch out for wildlife while driving on roads, highways