Coast aldermen give go-ahead to beer brewery
Published: August 22,2012
OCEAN SPRINGS — The Ocean Springs Board of Aldermen has voted unanimously to approve a small, specialty brewery for the city.
The Sun Herald reports it will be in an outbuilding on the property of Broome’s Grocery and will produce 1,500 to 3,000 barrels a year beginning in November.
Crooked Letter Brewing Co. will sell a lager, a dark and two light beers that will read “brewed in Ocean Springs” on the label.
Co-owner Wanda Blacksmith says the brews will be distributed in Mississippi and South Louisiana, but also in Ocean Springs, which has more than 100 restaurants and bars.
The Planning Commission unanimously approved the project.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal