Coast aldermen give go-ahead to beer brewery
Published: August 22,2012
OCEAN SPRINGS — The Ocean Springs Board of Aldermen has voted unanimously to approve a small, specialty brewery for the city.
The Sun Herald reports it will be in an outbuilding on the property of Broome’s Grocery and will produce 1,500 to 3,000 barrels a year beginning in November.
Crooked Letter Brewing Co. will sell a lager, a dark and two light beers that will read “brewed in Ocean Springs” on the label.
Co-owner Wanda Blacksmith says the brews will be distributed in Mississippi and South Louisiana, but also in Ocean Springs, which has more than 100 restaurants and bars.
The Planning Commission unanimously approved the project.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- Man charged in noose left on integration statue at Ole Miss