Coast aldermen give go-ahead to beer brewery
Published: August 22,2012
OCEAN SPRINGS — The Ocean Springs Board of Aldermen has voted unanimously to approve a small, specialty brewery for the city.
The Sun Herald reports it will be in an outbuilding on the property of Broome’s Grocery and will produce 1,500 to 3,000 barrels a year beginning in November.
Crooked Letter Brewing Co. will sell a lager, a dark and two light beers that will read “brewed in Ocean Springs” on the label.
Co-owner Wanda Blacksmith says the brews will be distributed in Mississippi and South Louisiana, but also in Ocean Springs, which has more than 100 restaurants and bars.
The Planning Commission unanimously approved the project.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- College Board gives Keenum contract extension, raise
- Humana and Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation partnering
- Six out of eight universities could have higher tuitions in 2015
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Hunting deer? There's an app for that
- Apple ordered to pay $23.6M for using SkyTel technology
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three