Coast City Council: Repair abandoned hotel or raze it
Published: August 22,2012
BILOXI — The Biloxi City Council says the White House Hotel should be repaired or demolished.
Councilman George Lawrence told The Sun Herald he would vote to force repairs of the hotel on U.S. 90, which has sat vacant for more than 20 years, but not for demolition.
Jerry Creel, community development director, says he recommended the city direct owner Jay Love to enclose the west side of the building, which now is a skeleton of beams, give the rest of the building a facelift and improve the grounds.
A deadline for action wasn’t imposed.
If he fails to act, the city can have the building repaired or demolished. Creel said he got estimates for demolition of $234,000 and $588,000.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry
- The leadership styles of President Obama