Coast City Council: Repair abandoned hotel or raze it
Published: August 22,2012
BILOXI — The Biloxi City Council says the White House Hotel should be repaired or demolished.
Councilman George Lawrence told The Sun Herald he would vote to force repairs of the hotel on U.S. 90, which has sat vacant for more than 20 years, but not for demolition.
Jerry Creel, community development director, says he recommended the city direct owner Jay Love to enclose the west side of the building, which now is a skeleton of beams, give the rest of the building a facelift and improve the grounds.
A deadline for action wasn’t imposed.
If he fails to act, the city can have the building repaired or demolished. Creel said he got estimates for demolition of $234,000 and $588,000.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager