Coast City Council: Repair abandoned hotel or raze it
by Associated Press
Published: August 22,2012
BILOXI — The Biloxi City Council says the White House Hotel should be repaired or demolished.
Councilman George Lawrence told The Sun Herald he would vote to force repairs of the hotel on U.S. 90, which has sat vacant for more than 20 years, but not for demolition.
Jerry Creel, community development director, says he recommended the city direct owner Jay Love to enclose the west side of the building, which now is a skeleton of beams, give the rest of the building a facelift and improve the grounds.
A deadline for action wasn’t imposed.
If he fails to act, the city can have the building repaired or demolished. Creel said he got estimates for demolition of $234,000 and $588,000.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- News The Way You Want It!