Officials budget for BancorpSouth Arena renovation
Published: August 22,2012
TUPELO — The BancorpSouth Arena in Tupelo could get a new look just in time for its 20th anniversary next year.
The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reports the local coliseum commission approved a budget that would pay $1.8 million to resurface the building’s exterior and freshen up the interior paint.
The building would retain its exterior insulation finishing system but would include a new color scheme to include shades of tan and burgundy and a limestone finish.
The city will have final say on the plan.
The proposed facelift would take six months to complete and would be finished by the building’s anniversary in October 2013.
— Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game