Officials budget for BancorpSouth Arena renovation
Published: August 22,2012
TUPELO — The BancorpSouth Arena in Tupelo could get a new look just in time for its 20th anniversary next year.
The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reports the local coliseum commission approved a budget that would pay $1.8 million to resurface the building’s exterior and freshen up the interior paint.
The building would retain its exterior insulation finishing system but would include a new color scheme to include shades of tan and burgundy and a limestone finish.
The city will have final say on the plan.
The proposed facelift would take six months to complete and would be finished by the building’s anniversary in October 2013.
— Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions