Officials budget for BancorpSouth Arena renovation
Published: August 22,2012
TUPELO — The BancorpSouth Arena in Tupelo could get a new look just in time for its 20th anniversary next year.
The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reports the local coliseum commission approved a budget that would pay $1.8 million to resurface the building’s exterior and freshen up the interior paint.
The building would retain its exterior insulation finishing system but would include a new color scheme to include shades of tan and burgundy and a limestone finish.
The city will have final say on the plan.
The proposed facelift would take six months to complete and would be finished by the building’s anniversary in October 2013.
— Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Police find Attorney General Hood's stolen handgun
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Pickwick Pines settles lawsuit; pays $260K
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation
- MSU sets new annual fundraising record of $106M-plus