Officials budget for BancorpSouth Arena renovation
Published: August 22,2012
TUPELO — The BancorpSouth Arena in Tupelo could get a new look just in time for its 20th anniversary next year.
The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reports the local coliseum commission approved a budget that would pay $1.8 million to resurface the building’s exterior and freshen up the interior paint.
The building would retain its exterior insulation finishing system but would include a new color scheme to include shades of tan and burgundy and a limestone finish.
The city will have final say on the plan.
The proposed facelift would take six months to complete and would be finished by the building’s anniversary in October 2013.
— Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player