Harrell Contracting wins MSU stadium contract
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 24,2012
STARKVILLE — Tutor Perini Corporation of Sylmar, Calif., a civil and building construction company, reports its subsidiary, Anderson Companies’ Harrell Contracting Group, was selected as general contractor for Mississippi State University’s Davis Wade Stadium addition at Scott Field.
The stadium is undergoing an expansion and renovation that will increase capacity to 61,337, provide additional premium seating, elevators, restrooms and concessions and a completely new west side concourse.
Construction on this $62.6-million contract is to begin immediately and will be complete in time for the 2014 season.
The north end zone addition will create a total of 8,815 new seats, including 7,076 grandstand seats, 1,155 Scoreboard Club seats, 236 loge seats, 22 traditional suites totaling approximately 288 seats, and 60 field-level suite seats. Also included in the north end zone is a non-seated, field-level premium area, The Gridiron, which will provide club-like amenities to any season ticket holder who buys a membership, regardless of that person’s stadium seat location. The visiting team locker room will also be relocated to the north end zone addition, allowing the game day recruiting center to expand in its current location.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Harrell Contracting wins MSU stadium contract”
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs
- Watch out for wildlife while driving on roads, highways
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Finding your flexible space — Regus banks on high demand for customizable work spaces