BKD awards promotions
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 26,2012
BKD, LLP recently promoted three of its staff members to supervisor. They assumed their new role with the accounting firm on Aug. 1.
Brittany C. Gordon, CPA, began her career in public accounting with BKD in January 2008. She has over four years of experience providing tax services to a variety of health care institutions, foundations, colleges and other not-for-profit organizations. Gordon is a 2008 graduate of Mississippi College where she earned a bachelor’s degree in business administration with a major in accounting. She is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and Mississippi Society of Certified Public Accountants. Gordon is also a member of the Healthcare Financial Management Association.
Mary F. Overstreet, CPA, joined BKD in January 2008. She has over six years of experience in public accounting and provides tax services for a variety of individuals and businesses. Overstreet has been primarily focused in tax services related to family partnerships and wealth planning. She is a graduate of the University of Mississippi where she earned a bachelor’s degree in accountancy in 2007. Overstreet is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and Mississippi Society of Certified Public Accountants.
Dustin W. Taylor, CPA, began his career with BKD in July 2008. He has over four years of experience in public accounting and provides tax services to a variety of manufacturing, distribution, construction real estate, and large multi-state corporate entities. Within BKD, Taylor has been designated as a “Data Connect Champion,” signifying his accomplishments with the firm’s tax software. Taylor is a graduate of Mississippi State University where he earned a bachelor’s degree in accountancy in 2008. Additionally in 2008, he earned a bachelor of business administration degree with a major in finance. Taylor is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Mississippi Society of Certified Public Accountants and Mississippi Society of Certified Public Accountants Young CPA Network.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- Margaritaville owner files for bankruptcy before landlord hearing
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- Severstal completes the sale of Columbus plant to Steel Dynamics
- Another marker going up on Mississippi Country Music Trail
- Researchers fly drone into hurricane for the first time
- House votes for transfer of Yellow Creek Port land to state
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner