Ingalls honors Kelley-Winders
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 26,2012
Anna Faye Kelley-Winders, vice president of community campus at Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College, was given the Ingalls Shipbuilding Education Leadership Award. The award is given annually to Ingalls employees and community leaders who have made significant educational contributions to the company’s employees.
Kelley-Winders was selected for the award because of her leadership in workforce education, including the establishment of educational partnerships with Ingalls Shipbuilding for workforce and continuing education training like the apprenticeship programs. She has 43 years of educational service as a college classroom instructor, self-study director, and administrative center dean and vice president. She currently supervises workforce development, continuing education, adult basic education, grant writing and administration and youth leadership and travel programs at Gulf Coast. She serves as the MGCCC Centennial Committee chair and has provided leadership for college-wide events, activities and publications.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit