Ingalls honors Kelley-Winders
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 26,2012
Anna Faye Kelley-Winders, vice president of community campus at Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College, was given the Ingalls Shipbuilding Education Leadership Award. The award is given annually to Ingalls employees and community leaders who have made significant educational contributions to the company’s employees.
Kelley-Winders was selected for the award because of her leadership in workforce education, including the establishment of educational partnerships with Ingalls Shipbuilding for workforce and continuing education training like the apprenticeship programs. She has 43 years of educational service as a college classroom instructor, self-study director, and administrative center dean and vice president. She currently supervises workforce development, continuing education, adult basic education, grant writing and administration and youth leadership and travel programs at Gulf Coast. She serves as the MGCCC Centennial Committee chair and has provided leadership for college-wide events, activities and publications.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- McDaniel files legal arguments as he looks to overturn Cochran loss
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- Payday lender expects clean bill from regulators