Ingalls honors Kelley-Winders
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 26,2012
Anna Faye Kelley-Winders, vice president of community campus at Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College, was given the Ingalls Shipbuilding Education Leadership Award. The award is given annually to Ingalls employees and community leaders who have made significant educational contributions to the company’s employees.
Kelley-Winders was selected for the award because of her leadership in workforce education, including the establishment of educational partnerships with Ingalls Shipbuilding for workforce and continuing education training like the apprenticeship programs. She has 43 years of educational service as a college classroom instructor, self-study director, and administrative center dean and vice president. She currently supervises workforce development, continuing education, adult basic education, grant writing and administration and youth leadership and travel programs at Gulf Coast. She serves as the MGCCC Centennial Committee chair and has provided leadership for college-wide events, activities and publications.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill