Ingalls honors Kelley-Winders
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 26,2012
Anna Faye Kelley-Winders, vice president of community campus at Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College, was given the Ingalls Shipbuilding Education Leadership Award. The award is given annually to Ingalls employees and community leaders who have made significant educational contributions to the company’s employees.
Kelley-Winders was selected for the award because of her leadership in workforce education, including the establishment of educational partnerships with Ingalls Shipbuilding for workforce and continuing education training like the apprenticeship programs. She has 43 years of educational service as a college classroom instructor, self-study director, and administrative center dean and vice president. She currently supervises workforce development, continuing education, adult basic education, grant writing and administration and youth leadership and travel programs at Gulf Coast. She serves as the MGCCC Centennial Committee chair and has provided leadership for college-wide events, activities and publications.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi