Ingalls honors Kelley-Winders
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 26,2012
Anna Faye Kelley-Winders, vice president of community campus at Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College, was given the Ingalls Shipbuilding Education Leadership Award. The award is given annually to Ingalls employees and community leaders who have made significant educational contributions to the company’s employees.
Kelley-Winders was selected for the award because of her leadership in workforce education, including the establishment of educational partnerships with Ingalls Shipbuilding for workforce and continuing education training like the apprenticeship programs. She has 43 years of educational service as a college classroom instructor, self-study director, and administrative center dean and vice president. She currently supervises workforce development, continuing education, adult basic education, grant writing and administration and youth leadership and travel programs at Gulf Coast. She serves as the MGCCC Centennial Committee chair and has provided leadership for college-wide events, activities and publications.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
- Kelly Boutwell added, Jason Word promoted at MEC
- Cotton to take center stage during MSU summit
- BRENT CHRISTENSEN — Entrepreneurs: A vital fuel for Mississippi’s Economy