McArthur joins MDA
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 26,2012
The Mississippi Development Authority recently welcomed Jim McArthur as deputy director. McArthur brings to MDA nearly 20 years of experience in business development, marketing and economic development. Previously, McArthur served for three years as regional sales director for Itron, formerly known as SmartSynch. At Itron, a leading provider of energy and water management solutions for utilities, he was responsible for marketing the company to utilities throughout the southeast U.S., as well as developing and maintaining relationships in the municipal and cooperative utility markets and with major utility companies such as Southern Company, Tennessee Valley Authority and Entergy.
Before joining SmartSynch, McArthur was director of business development for Yates Construction. In that position, he directed all aspects of business development for the company?s Gulf Coast Division, which encompassed the southeast U.S. He also served as a liaison to local, state and national economic development agencies and worked with local economic development agencies, as well as MDA, on major economic development projects. Additionally, he led marketing efforts for Yates? healthcare, civil and military divisions and was involved in recruiting new businesses to Mississippi.
McArthur holds a bachelor’s degree in marketing from the University of Mississippi, and he is a graduate of Leadership Mississippi. He has also served on the board of directors for the Mississippi Manufacturers Association and Mississippi World Trade Center.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Fair cabins becoming more valuable, sources say
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau