McArthur joins MDA
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 26,2012
The Mississippi Development Authority recently welcomed Jim McArthur as deputy director. McArthur brings to MDA nearly 20 years of experience in business development, marketing and economic development. Previously, McArthur served for three years as regional sales director for Itron, formerly known as SmartSynch. At Itron, a leading provider of energy and water management solutions for utilities, he was responsible for marketing the company to utilities throughout the southeast U.S., as well as developing and maintaining relationships in the municipal and cooperative utility markets and with major utility companies such as Southern Company, Tennessee Valley Authority and Entergy.
Before joining SmartSynch, McArthur was director of business development for Yates Construction. In that position, he directed all aspects of business development for the company?s Gulf Coast Division, which encompassed the southeast U.S. He also served as a liaison to local, state and national economic development agencies and worked with local economic development agencies, as well as MDA, on major economic development projects. Additionally, he led marketing efforts for Yates? healthcare, civil and military divisions and was involved in recruiting new businesses to Mississippi.
McArthur holds a bachelor’s degree in marketing from the University of Mississippi, and he is a graduate of Leadership Mississippi. He has also served on the board of directors for the Mississippi Manufacturers Association and Mississippi World Trade Center.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years