McArthur joins MDA
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 26,2012
The Mississippi Development Authority recently welcomed Jim McArthur as deputy director. McArthur brings to MDA nearly 20 years of experience in business development, marketing and economic development. Previously, McArthur served for three years as regional sales director for Itron, formerly known as SmartSynch. At Itron, a leading provider of energy and water management solutions for utilities, he was responsible for marketing the company to utilities throughout the southeast U.S., as well as developing and maintaining relationships in the municipal and cooperative utility markets and with major utility companies such as Southern Company, Tennessee Valley Authority and Entergy.
Before joining SmartSynch, McArthur was director of business development for Yates Construction. In that position, he directed all aspects of business development for the company?s Gulf Coast Division, which encompassed the southeast U.S. He also served as a liaison to local, state and national economic development agencies and worked with local economic development agencies, as well as MDA, on major economic development projects. Additionally, he led marketing efforts for Yates? healthcare, civil and military divisions and was involved in recruiting new businesses to Mississippi.
McArthur holds a bachelor’s degree in marketing from the University of Mississippi, and he is a graduate of Leadership Mississippi. He has also served on the board of directors for the Mississippi Manufacturers Association and Mississippi World Trade Center.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- PHIL HARDWICK: When Bill Cooley talks, people listen
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life