McArthur joins MDA
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 26,2012
The Mississippi Development Authority recently welcomed Jim McArthur as deputy director. McArthur brings to MDA nearly 20 years of experience in business development, marketing and economic development. Previously, McArthur served for three years as regional sales director for Itron, formerly known as SmartSynch. At Itron, a leading provider of energy and water management solutions for utilities, he was responsible for marketing the company to utilities throughout the southeast U.S., as well as developing and maintaining relationships in the municipal and cooperative utility markets and with major utility companies such as Southern Company, Tennessee Valley Authority and Entergy.
Before joining SmartSynch, McArthur was director of business development for Yates Construction. In that position, he directed all aspects of business development for the company?s Gulf Coast Division, which encompassed the southeast U.S. He also served as a liaison to local, state and national economic development agencies and worked with local economic development agencies, as well as MDA, on major economic development projects. Additionally, he led marketing efforts for Yates? healthcare, civil and military divisions and was involved in recruiting new businesses to Mississippi.
McArthur holds a bachelor’s degree in marketing from the University of Mississippi, and he is a graduate of Leadership Mississippi. He has also served on the board of directors for the Mississippi Manufacturers Association and Mississippi World Trade Center.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years