Council votes to accept previously rejected airport grant
Published: August 28,2012
TUPELO — The Tupelo City Council has unanimously approved acceptance of a $1.85 million federal grant for the Tupelo Regional Airport that the council had rejected last week.
The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reports the action came after a special meeting last night with airport officials, which included questions and expressions of concern about airport operations from council members. The council had until midnight to accept the Federal Aviation Administration grant or it would have been lost.
The city must put up $48,854, or 2.5 percent matching money, to secure the grant.
The grant would fund security system improvements, taxiway rehabilitation, concrete apron expansions and a new air conditioning system.
— Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image