Council votes to accept previously rejected airport grant
by Associated Press
Published: August 28,2012
TUPELO — The Tupelo City Council has unanimously approved acceptance of a $1.85 million federal grant for the Tupelo Regional Airport that the council had rejected last week.
The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reports the action came after a special meeting last night with airport officials, which included questions and expressions of concern about airport operations from council members. The council had until midnight to accept the Federal Aviation Administration grant or it would have been lost.
The city must put up $48,854, or 2.5 percent matching money, to secure the grant.
The grant would fund security system improvements, taxiway rehabilitation, concrete apron expansions and a new air conditioning system.
— Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Elizabeth Harris
- Brown would make history if confirmed as judge
- Real estate company paying $1M for compromising wetlands
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Authorities: Suspect in ricin-laced letters case appeared to try to run
- Undersecretary: 'I understand the frustration' over catfish inspections
- Froyo y’all: Couple brings 'delicious' dessert to Delta
- Nullification and interposition