Public hearing to be held to discuss sale of Delta hospital
Published: August 28,2012
GREENWOOD — A hearing is scheduled for Sept. 13 to hear from the public on the possible sale of Greenwood Leflore Hospital.
The Greenwood Commonwealth reports the hearing will begin at 5 p.m. at the Leflore County Civic Center in Greenwood.
The hospital is jointly owned by Greenwood and Leflore County and is the area’s largest employer.
It has made modest profits in recent years, but changes in the health care law and sales of hospitals in other Mississippi communities have prompted consideration of a sale.
A 10-member committee is writing a request for proposals that spells out stipulations of a possible sale.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- Senate election ballot approved as McDaniel's challenge continues
- Judge moves McDaniel's lawsuit challenging loss to Cochran