Public hearing to be held to discuss sale of Delta hospital
Published: August 28,2012
GREENWOOD — A hearing is scheduled for Sept. 13 to hear from the public on the possible sale of Greenwood Leflore Hospital.
The Greenwood Commonwealth reports the hearing will begin at 5 p.m. at the Leflore County Civic Center in Greenwood.
The hospital is jointly owned by Greenwood and Leflore County and is the area’s largest employer.
It has made modest profits in recent years, but changes in the health care law and sales of hospitals in other Mississippi communities have prompted consideration of a sale.
A 10-member committee is writing a request for proposals that spells out stipulations of a possible sale.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Finding your flexible space — Regus banks on high demand for customizable work spaces
- Miss. children's hospital plans $150 million expansion
- Watch out for wildlife while driving on roads, highways
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs