Public hearing to be held to discuss sale of Delta hospital
by Associated Press
Published: August 28,2012
GREENWOOD — A hearing is scheduled for Sept. 13 to hear from the public on the possible sale of Greenwood Leflore Hospital.
The Greenwood Commonwealth reports the hearing will begin at 5 p.m. at the Leflore County Civic Center in Greenwood.
The hospital is jointly owned by Greenwood and Leflore County and is the area’s largest employer.
It has made modest profits in recent years, but changes in the health care law and sales of hospitals in other Mississippi communities have prompted consideration of a sale.
A 10-member committee is writing a request for proposals that spells out stipulations of a possible sale.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- TRIP releases report on state's crumbling roads, bridges
- Butler Snow Advisory Services adds Jimmy Bailey
- MDA to lead delegation on mission to Europe
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center