Public hearing to be held to discuss sale of Delta hospital
by Associated Press
Published: August 28,2012
GREENWOOD — A hearing is scheduled for Sept. 13 to hear from the public on the possible sale of Greenwood Leflore Hospital.
The Greenwood Commonwealth reports the hearing will begin at 5 p.m. at the Leflore County Civic Center in Greenwood.
The hospital is jointly owned by Greenwood and Leflore County and is the area’s largest employer.
It has made modest profits in recent years, but changes in the health care law and sales of hospitals in other Mississippi communities have prompted consideration of a sale.
A 10-member committee is writing a request for proposals that spells out stipulations of a possible sale.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Hood joins other AGs in efforts to curb copper theft
- Entergy gives $500K grant to The Nature Conservancy
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain