Public hearing to be held to discuss sale of Delta hospital
Published: August 28,2012
GREENWOOD — A hearing is scheduled for Sept. 13 to hear from the public on the possible sale of Greenwood Leflore Hospital.
The Greenwood Commonwealth reports the hearing will begin at 5 p.m. at the Leflore County Civic Center in Greenwood.
The hospital is jointly owned by Greenwood and Leflore County and is the area’s largest employer.
It has made modest profits in recent years, but changes in the health care law and sales of hospitals in other Mississippi communities have prompted consideration of a sale.
A 10-member committee is writing a request for proposals that spells out stipulations of a possible sale.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years