Leaking Keesler generator spills diesel into bay
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 31,2012
BILOXI — Keesler Air Force Base reported it is responding to a diesel fuel spill from the base commissary generator that leaked into a storm drain leading to Biloxi’s Back Bay yesterday.
Brig. Gen. Brad Spacy, 81st Training Wing commander, said the base’s fire department, hazardous materials spill team and environmental officials are on scene for clean-up efforts.
“Patches of red fuel were spotted in several nearby areas of the bay,” Spacy said. “Our team is on site to minimize any adverse impact to Back Bay and surrounding areas.”
At press time, the generator had been disabled until a vendor repair team arrives.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option