Leaking Keesler generator spills diesel into bay
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 31,2012
BILOXI — Keesler Air Force Base reported it is responding to a diesel fuel spill from the base commissary generator that leaked into a storm drain leading to Biloxi’s Back Bay yesterday.
Brig. Gen. Brad Spacy, 81st Training Wing commander, said the base’s fire department, hazardous materials spill team and environmental officials are on scene for clean-up efforts.
“Patches of red fuel were spotted in several nearby areas of the bay,” Spacy said. “Our team is on site to minimize any adverse impact to Back Bay and surrounding areas.”
At press time, the generator had been disabled until a vendor repair team arrives.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- Conservator: Schools had too many employees
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- Study says state sacrificing billions of dollars, 20,000 jobs in refusing Medicaid expansion
- Mars Food to celebrate 35 years in Port City
- Council wants more info on proposed baseball stadium