Leaking Keesler generator spills diesel into bay
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 31,2012
BILOXI — Keesler Air Force Base reported it is responding to a diesel fuel spill from the base commissary generator that leaked into a storm drain leading to Biloxi’s Back Bay yesterday.
Brig. Gen. Brad Spacy, 81st Training Wing commander, said the base’s fire department, hazardous materials spill team and environmental officials are on scene for clean-up efforts.
“Patches of red fuel were spotted in several nearby areas of the bay,” Spacy said. “Our team is on site to minimize any adverse impact to Back Bay and surrounding areas.”
At press time, the generator had been disabled until a vendor repair team arrives.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- PHIL HARDWICK: When Bill Cooley talks, people listen
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued