Leaking Keesler generator spills diesel into bay
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 31,2012
BILOXI — Keesler Air Force Base reported it is responding to a diesel fuel spill from the base commissary generator that leaked into a storm drain leading to Biloxi’s Back Bay yesterday.
Brig. Gen. Brad Spacy, 81st Training Wing commander, said the base’s fire department, hazardous materials spill team and environmental officials are on scene for clean-up efforts.
“Patches of red fuel were spotted in several nearby areas of the bay,” Spacy said. “Our team is on site to minimize any adverse impact to Back Bay and surrounding areas.”
At press time, the generator had been disabled until a vendor repair team arrives.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force