Leaking Keesler generator spills diesel into bay
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 31,2012
BILOXI — Keesler Air Force Base reported it is responding to a diesel fuel spill from the base commissary generator that leaked into a storm drain leading to Biloxi’s Back Bay yesterday.
Brig. Gen. Brad Spacy, 81st Training Wing commander, said the base’s fire department, hazardous materials spill team and environmental officials are on scene for clean-up efforts.
“Patches of red fuel were spotted in several nearby areas of the bay,” Spacy said. “Our team is on site to minimize any adverse impact to Back Bay and surrounding areas.”
At press time, the generator had been disabled until a vendor repair team arrives.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Secretary of State's Office transitioning to new location