GOP picks Payne
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 2,2012
The Mississippi Republican Party has hired a new executive director, Brandon Payne. A Coast native, Payne most recently worked as the Southern District field representative for U.S. Sen. Roger Wicker, responsible for the 18 southernmost counties in Mississippi.
Payne is also the president of the Harrison County Republican Club and a member of the Harrison County Republican Executive Committee. A former Biloxi police officer, Payne was appointed by Gov. Phil Bryant to serve on the state’s five-member Crime Stoppers Advisory Council. He has held various volunteer positions with a multitude of statewide and local political campaigns, and also served with many civic and charitable organizations.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Report: Mississippi only state to see drop in home prices
- Palmertree blocked from using public funds for legal defense
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- Two companies fined for violations of 'No-Call' law
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- John Ferrucci'a perfect voice is perfect for the Silver Slipper Casino
- City suing Hercules for pollution at shuttered plant site
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation