GOP picks Payne
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 2,2012
The Mississippi Republican Party has hired a new executive director, Brandon Payne. A Coast native, Payne most recently worked as the Southern District field representative for U.S. Sen. Roger Wicker, responsible for the 18 southernmost counties in Mississippi.
Payne is also the president of the Harrison County Republican Club and a member of the Harrison County Republican Executive Committee. A former Biloxi police officer, Payne was appointed by Gov. Phil Bryant to serve on the state’s five-member Crime Stoppers Advisory Council. He has held various volunteer positions with a multitude of statewide and local political campaigns, and also served with many civic and charitable organizations.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Investigators find massive Ag Museum fire was an accident
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player
- BILL CRAWFORD: Bryant’s tax cut won’t stop spending growth
- County to ask if it can use unspent hurricane recovery money