GOP picks Payne
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 2,2012
The Mississippi Republican Party has hired a new executive director, Brandon Payne. A Coast native, Payne most recently worked as the Southern District field representative for U.S. Sen. Roger Wicker, responsible for the 18 southernmost counties in Mississippi.
Payne is also the president of the Harrison County Republican Club and a member of the Harrison County Republican Executive Committee. A former Biloxi police officer, Payne was appointed by Gov. Phil Bryant to serve on the state’s five-member Crime Stoppers Advisory Council. He has held various volunteer positions with a multitude of statewide and local political campaigns, and also served with many civic and charitable organizations.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- Keeping Our Eye On Nathan McNeill
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- OUR VIEW: USM makes right call by calling off tornado relief campaign
- With no interim, board begins hunt for MVSU president