Officers, directors seated
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 2,2012
The Mississippi Main Street Association has formally welcomed new officers and members to the state board of directors. The following are new officers of the MMSA board for 2012-2014: president Barry Plunkett of B. Plunkett & Associates Inc. in Jackson; president-elect Joey Hudnall of Neel-Schaffer in Jackson; treasurer Mark Loughman of Mississippi Power in Gulfport; and, chairman Randy Burchfield of BancorpSouth in Tupelo.
The following were elected as new members of the board: Allison Beasley, planning director of the Southern Mississippi Planning and Development District in Hattiesburg; Robert E. Smith Sr., mayor of Columbus; Sheila Varnado, executive director of R3SM Inc. in Hattiesburg; Wyatt Waters, artist and gallery owner in Clinton; and, Beth Williams, general manager of The Alluvian Hotel and Spa in Greenwood.
Brent Christensen, executive director of the Mississippi Development Authority, became an ex-officio member of the board.
The other members of the current MMSA board include: Steve Kelly, Entergy in Jackson; Hibbett Neel, Neel-Schaffer in Jackson; Bill Scruggs, St. Dominic Health Services Inc. in Jackson; Suzanne Smith, Renasant Bank in Tupelo; Lise Foy, Canton Chamber Main Street Association (managers’ representative); Mickey Howley, Water Valley Main Street Association (managers’ representative); H.T. Holmes, Mississippi Department of Archives and History (permanent member); Leland Speed, EastGroup/Parkway Properties (permanent member); Jim West, MSU College of Architecture, Art and Design (permanent member); Ken P’Pool, Mississippi Department of Archives and History (designated representative); John Poros, The MSU Carl Small Town Center (designated representative); Joy Foy, Mississippi Development Authority (designated representative); and, Alex Thomas, Mississippi Development Authority (ex officio).
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Former DMR manager pleads guilty to embezzlement
- State's jobless rate remains highest in U.S.
- GOLF ranks state's courses; Fallen Oaks, Dancing Rabbit make top 100
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Court ruling on Section 42 leaves taxpayers on hook for tax repayments
- Wisconsin man pleads guilty to illegal wildlife trapping
- Jackson air fares among most expensive in the nation