Amtrak service on Coast to remain suspended
Published: September 5,2012
GULF COAST — Most Amtrak service to and from New Orleans has been restored following Hurricane Isaac, but the City of New Orleans’ service in Mississippi and Louisiana, remains suspended through Friday.
The City of New Orleans, a daily service between Chicago and New Orleans, will continue to terminate and originate in Memphis, rather than in New Orleans, at least through Friday.
Meanwhile, the Sunset Limited, which runs three days a week, is restored with departure of the west-bound train from New Orleans beginning today. The eastbound train from Los Angeles resumed departures on Saturday.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Mike Morgan has calmness of mind