Amtrak service on Coast to remain suspended
Published: September 5,2012
GULF COAST — Most Amtrak service to and from New Orleans has been restored following Hurricane Isaac, but the City of New Orleans’ service in Mississippi and Louisiana, remains suspended through Friday.
The City of New Orleans, a daily service between Chicago and New Orleans, will continue to terminate and originate in Memphis, rather than in New Orleans, at least through Friday.
Meanwhile, the Sunset Limited, which runs three days a week, is restored with departure of the west-bound train from New Orleans beginning today. The eastbound train from Los Angeles resumed departures on Saturday.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency