Amtrak service on Coast to remain suspended
Published: September 5,2012
GULF COAST — Most Amtrak service to and from New Orleans has been restored following Hurricane Isaac, but the City of New Orleans’ service in Mississippi and Louisiana, remains suspended through Friday.
The City of New Orleans, a daily service between Chicago and New Orleans, will continue to terminate and originate in Memphis, rather than in New Orleans, at least through Friday.
Meanwhile, the Sunset Limited, which runs three days a week, is restored with departure of the west-bound train from New Orleans beginning today. The eastbound train from Los Angeles resumed departures on Saturday.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- Analysis: Lawmakers squabble over election-year tax cuts