Amtrak service on Coast to remain suspended
Published: September 5,2012
GULF COAST — Most Amtrak service to and from New Orleans has been restored following Hurricane Isaac, but the City of New Orleans’ service in Mississippi and Louisiana, remains suspended through Friday.
The City of New Orleans, a daily service between Chicago and New Orleans, will continue to terminate and originate in Memphis, rather than in New Orleans, at least through Friday.
Meanwhile, the Sunset Limited, which runs three days a week, is restored with departure of the west-bound train from New Orleans beginning today. The eastbound train from Los Angeles resumed departures on Saturday.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Challenging times ahead for Pearl’s manufactured home residents, apartment complex owners
- Entergy gives solar a shot
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Critics say Pearl out to eliminate mobile homes and apartments – not safeguard them
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Jackson’s Landmark Center slated for mixed-use conversion
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release
- State Sen. McDaniel traveling Mississippi to promote PAC