Bayou Cassotte reopened after large fish kill
Published: September 6,2012
JACKSON COUNTY — State agencies say it is once again okay to fish and swim in Bayou Casotte and the adjacent waters of the Mississippi Sound.
The Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality and the Mississippi Department of Marine Resources closed the Jackson County area to fishing and water contact last Sunday, after investigating a fish kill.
A notice yesterday said tests have found that water quality is back within normal levels.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Lawmakers: Time to raze IHL
- Current Poll
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions
- College Board stands behind move to fire Ole Miss chancellor
- Dan Mullen, Hugh Freeze to play in pro-am Thursday
- Biloxi Shuckers gives city $925K to speed construction
- Legislators' education alternative challenged in court
- Developers withdraw zoning application for former country club