Bayou Cassotte reopened after large fish kill
Published: September 6,2012
JACKSON COUNTY — State agencies say it is once again okay to fish and swim in Bayou Casotte and the adjacent waters of the Mississippi Sound.
The Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality and the Mississippi Department of Marine Resources closed the Jackson County area to fishing and water contact last Sunday, after investigating a fish kill.
A notice yesterday said tests have found that water quality is back within normal levels.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Former DPS employees sentenced for selling bogus driver's licenses
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate