Bayou Cassotte reopened after large fish kill
Published: September 6,2012
JACKSON COUNTY — State agencies say it is once again okay to fish and swim in Bayou Casotte and the adjacent waters of the Mississippi Sound.
The Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality and the Mississippi Department of Marine Resources closed the Jackson County area to fishing and water contact last Sunday, after investigating a fish kill.
A notice yesterday said tests have found that water quality is back within normal levels.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal