Bayou Cassotte reopened after large fish kill
Published: September 6,2012
JACKSON COUNTY — State agencies say it is once again okay to fish and swim in Bayou Casotte and the adjacent waters of the Mississippi Sound.
The Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality and the Mississippi Department of Marine Resources closed the Jackson County area to fishing and water contact last Sunday, after investigating a fish kill.
A notice yesterday said tests have found that water quality is back within normal levels.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Deal for daily Jackson-Orlando flight in works with Allegiant
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts