Hard Rock Casino unveils plans for hotel tower
Published: September 6,2012
BILOXI — The management of Hard Rock Casino plans a 12-story, 154-room hotel tower along U.S. 90 in Biloxi.
The company says the $32.5-million project is expected to be completed by New Year’s 2014. The addition will create 90 permanent jobs and 250 construction jobs.
The Sun Herald reports Premier Entertainment Biloxi, LLC and Hard Rock International explored the viability of the project for nine months and yesterday announced construction plans.
General manager Duncan McKenzie says along with 140 standard guest rooms will be 14 suites with balconies and rock ‘n’ roll themes. Seven will be on the first level, overlooking the swimming pool and Mississippi Sound. The other seven will be on the top level with views out to the Gulf.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino