Hard Rock Casino unveils plans for hotel tower
Published: September 6,2012
BILOXI — The management of Hard Rock Casino plans a 12-story, 154-room hotel tower along U.S. 90 in Biloxi.
The company says the $32.5-million project is expected to be completed by New Year’s 2014. The addition will create 90 permanent jobs and 250 construction jobs.
The Sun Herald reports Premier Entertainment Biloxi, LLC and Hard Rock International explored the viability of the project for nine months and yesterday announced construction plans.
General manager Duncan McKenzie says along with 140 standard guest rooms will be 14 suites with balconies and rock ‘n’ roll themes. Seven will be on the first level, overlooking the swimming pool and Mississippi Sound. The other seven will be on the top level with views out to the Gulf.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus
- Biloxi council approves $29M contract for baseball stadium construction
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Cochran continues to question EPA over new regulations