Hard Rock Casino unveils plans for hotel tower
by Associated Press
Published: September 6,2012
BILOXI — The management of Hard Rock Casino plans a 12-story, 154-room hotel tower along U.S. 90 in Biloxi.
The company says the $32.5-million project is expected to be completed by New Year’s 2014. The addition will create 90 permanent jobs and 250 construction jobs.
The Sun Herald reports Premier Entertainment Biloxi, LLC and Hard Rock International explored the viability of the project for nine months and yesterday announced construction plans.
General manager Duncan McKenzie says along with 140 standard guest rooms will be 14 suites with balconies and rock ‘n’ roll themes. Seven will be on the first level, overlooking the swimming pool and Mississippi Sound. The other seven will be on the top level with views out to the Gulf.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability