Hard Rock Casino unveils plans for hotel tower
Published: September 6,2012
BILOXI — The management of Hard Rock Casino plans a 12-story, 154-room hotel tower along U.S. 90 in Biloxi.
The company says the $32.5-million project is expected to be completed by New Year’s 2014. The addition will create 90 permanent jobs and 250 construction jobs.
The Sun Herald reports Premier Entertainment Biloxi, LLC and Hard Rock International explored the viability of the project for nine months and yesterday announced construction plans.
General manager Duncan McKenzie says along with 140 standard guest rooms will be 14 suites with balconies and rock ‘n’ roll themes. Seven will be on the first level, overlooking the swimming pool and Mississippi Sound. The other seven will be on the top level with views out to the Gulf.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- Cochran calls on EPA for review of Yazoo Backwater Project
- State Sen. Gandy hospitalized in South America
- Number of requests for general election absentee ballots roughly same as primary
- Camgian launches Internet of Things product called Egburt
- After string of losses, O'Hara sees himself as Senate 'protest vote'
- Former Mississippi First Lady Carroll Waller dies at 87