Hard Rock Casino unveils plans for hotel tower
by Associated Press
Published: September 6,2012
BILOXI — The management of Hard Rock Casino plans a 12-story, 154-room hotel tower along U.S. 90 in Biloxi.
The company says the $32.5-million project is expected to be completed by New Year’s 2014. The addition will create 90 permanent jobs and 250 construction jobs.
The Sun Herald reports Premier Entertainment Biloxi, LLC and Hard Rock International explored the viability of the project for nine months and yesterday announced construction plans.
General manager Duncan McKenzie says along with 140 standard guest rooms will be 14 suites with balconies and rock ‘n’ roll themes. Seven will be on the first level, overlooking the swimming pool and Mississippi Sound. The other seven will be on the top level with views out to the Gulf.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody